XF 1.3 Facebook Flagged Site As Spammy

That's just a warning/recommendation. It's not a requirement and it almost certainly wouldn't cause failures. What specific errors are you getting that indicate your site is spammy?

I would say that it may be a determination that has been made by FB related to people's reports of posts from your site, rather than any technical thing (like OG tags).

What specific errors are you getting that indicate your site is spammy?

It looks like a link you're sharing might be unsafe. If you can, please remove this link:

Note: The unsafe link might be on the page you’re linking to.

If you can't remove this link and you still want to share it, please complete the security check below.

Just random spam popups when trying to post our URL.

Posted a support faq post and that's what the person said was the problem with his site. Once he cleared up all issues shortly afterwards facebook removed the spam. This was the only thing I could see as a red flag after running multiple checks based on what everyone had said was their issues which is why I came here and asked.

I agree though it does seem quite extreme if this is the reason why our site was flagged as spammy.

I would say that it may be a determination that has been made by FB related to people's reports of posts from your site, rather than any technical thing (like OG tags).

That's possible. It would be someone intentionally doing this though then. We have never spammed ourselves on Facebook. No malware, no popups, everything as far as I know is clean. Only on Facebook are we flagged.

Top Bottom