1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Facebook Flagged Site As Spammy

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Wesker, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's just a warning/recommendation. It's not a requirement and it almost certainly wouldn't cause failures. What specific errors are you getting that indicate your site is spammy?

I would say that it may be a determination that has been made by FB related to people's reports of posts from your site, rather than any technical thing (like OG tags).

3. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Just random spam popups when trying to post our URL.

Posted a support faq post and that's what the person said was the problem with his site. Once he cleared up all issues shortly afterwards facebook removed the spam. This was the only thing I could see as a red flag after running multiple checks based on what everyone had said was their issues which is why I came here and asked.

I agree though it does seem quite extreme if this is the reason why our site was flagged as spammy.

That's possible. It would be someone intentionally doing this though then. We have never spammed ourselves on Facebook. No malware, no popups, everything as far as I know is clean. Only on Facebook are we flagged.

4. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

This is now resolved.