1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Facebook External Accounts wrong Profile ID

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by DaveX, Apr 17, 2015.

  1. DaveX

    DaveX Member

    I have a problem with the Facebook integration. It works, but in the profile external-accounts the link to facebook profile.php?id= shows the wrong ID.
  2. DaveX

    DaveX Member

    I could solve it.

    This is the link shown in external-accounts to my facebook profile:
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1404408836545969 It is the wrong link.

    Now i changed in "account_external_accounts":
    Now i see this link in my profile:
    The link redirects to:

    This works fine. But it seems like a bug?
  3. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    Yeah, it likely is because of the app scoped ID change. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we know if we have a scoped ID (grandfathered applications), so this will need more investigation.
  4. Daniel Hood

    Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

    Should be fine to use the /app_scoped_user_id method with grandfathered applications.

    I just tested by going to the external accounts page (which says uknown account by the way) and changing the link to be /app_scoped_user_id/{my-id} and it didn't work. So, I don't know.
  5. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    This is fixed now. We're querying the FB API on this page and that returns the correct profile link.
    Liam W likes this.
  6. DaveX

    DaveX Member

    Since the XenForo Version 1.4.9 i have the same problem again. If i use the option i post before, it works fine.
  7. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    This appears to be related to the breaking changes in Facebook's API version 2.4. I have adjusted this for the next release.
    DaveX and Divvens like this.

Share This Page