Fixed  Facebook Connect asking for Password

Mez

Took me about a minute to figure out after assosciating my account with my Facebook profile, that the password it was asking for was for xenForo, not for Facebook.

I nearly closed down the browser in disgust and started spitting insults across IM to Kier ;)

Maybe it should be made a little clearer which password it's asking for?

This is how Facebook works, and the pass it asks is on xenforo, so it's xenforo's, for me it is quite logical tbh.

This is how Facebook works, and the pass it asks is on xenforo, so it's xenforo's, for me it is quite logical tbh.
However, to me it seemed like it was asking for my Facebook password (Mainly, because my username here is similar to my Facebook one).

I understand the extra security, but it seemed as if xenForo wanted the Facebook password to me.

Password on which page? The login area?
  • Register without linking to facebook
  • Link Facebook account
  • On return, asks for password for xenForo (I presume to stop people randomly linking facebook profiles to other people's accounts)

I don't see anything wrong with it. You're associating an existing account that has a password already, would be logical to confirm that password before linking it with Facebook, where a pw is not required.

Top Bottom