Add-on Facebook Auto-Like

Rho Delta

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1869245
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88464
http://www.blackhatteam.com/f129/free-facebook-auto-like-script-48875.html

A quick google search brings up several of these scripts. This would be amazing for building likes on your facebook page. Basically any visitor that clicks anywhere on your page will automatically like your facebook page if they happen to be logged into facebook. If we could get one of these written so that you could simply enter your facebook URL in the ACP options it would make a great XF add on.

I think it could actually be counter productive.

Sure, they might be on your site and really like it and not mind. But some people could be pretty pissed off that you're forcing them to automatically like your page.

I think it could actually be counter productive.

Sure, they might be on your site and really like it and not mind. But some people could be pretty pissed off that you're forcing them to automatically like your page.
As long as you don't flood your facebook page with constant updates I don't see many people caring. Many people are too lazy to find a like box so this could help gain lots of loyal followers even if it did piss off a few lurkers.

Most(all?) anti-virus will also detect such a script as a threat and either block or report it to the user.
Would you want that to occur on your site?

As long as you don't flood your facebook page with constant updates I don't see many people caring. Many people are too lazy to find a like box so this could help gain lots of loyal followers even if it did piss off a few lurkers.
This would be perfect for our application since our FB page is simply used to keep our members up to date when the server crashes.. Which happened daily on vB4 and still happens now and then.. As a matter of fact we just filled our HDD and it crashed the server when it came back up the sqli db was corrupt and needed repair if it wasnt for our fan page members would have been in the dark.. this gives them their fix and keeps them updated.. I dont see this as spam as much as i do a tool for the members.. +1

It would also violate Facebook's terms of service and ultimately could get your site blacklisted from Facebook, company/site pages deleted and you could even lose your normal Facebook account tied to those pages.

It's easy for Facebook to find because they give users an easy way to complain about any Like or anything published to their stream. If people start flagging those Likes as spam because they didn't actually Like it, Facebook will come at you with the ban hammer.

In case I'm not bring clear, you would be absolutely idiotic to do it. :)

It would also violate Facebook's terms of service and ultimately could get your site blacklisted from Facebook, company/site pages deleted and you could even lose your normal Facebook account tied to those pages.

It's easy for Facebook to find because they give users an easy way to complain about any Like or anything published to their stream. If people start flagging those Likes as spam because they didn't actually Like it, Facebook will come at you with the ban hammer.

In case I'm not bring clear, you would be absolutely idiotic to do it. :)
Thanks for the info. Sounded like a good idea, guess not.

Facebook does not screw around with anything they think is spam or just hurts the user experience. It's why you actually see very little spam on Facebook (compare it to MySpace where every message you got was spam and the whole place was a spam craphole). Trust me, it's not because spammers haven't thought of the idea of spamming Facebook users. :)

They even have an entire console for FB app developers to *see* how much of their stuff is being reported as spam... so you know they are tracking it. :)

Image%202012.12.14%2010:11:29%20AM.png

Top Bottom