Facebook API Changes?

This is the message facebook is sending.

"Social Plugins (Like Button, Like Box) without absolute URL's in their `href` parameter."

Its the app created for Xenforo and its not the February one in the link above, this one is new and its the July one, as the thread itself explains.

Anyone knows the fix ?

Just noticed this alert myself. I've actually disabled the social buttons on my site, and only use the FB app to allow people to log in with.

This is the message facebook is sending.

"Social Plugins (Like Button, Like Box) without absolute URL's in their `href` parameter."

Its the app created for Xenforo and its not the February one in the link above, this one is new and its the July one, as the thread itself explains.

Anyone knows the fix ?
Just ran the updated stuff at FaceBook and then did a logon using my facebook account. Worked fine.

I've just been having a look, and the specific message I'm getting is:

Z22SE.co.uk, is currently using the following deprecated features:
Social Plugins (Like Button, Like Box) without absolute URL's in their `href` parameter.

Possibly related to this part??

href.webp

We do definitely use absolute URLs:
Code:
<fb:like href="[URL]http://xenforo.com/community/threads/facebook-api-changes.49471/[/URL]" show_faces="true" width="500" action="recommend" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="light"></fb:like>

I think it's just an indication that the like button itself is used, so "be aware, something you may or may not be using will break". I don't think there should be an issue.

Today I received this:

Code:
Your app, XFapp has not enabled the migration for the July 2013 Breaking Changes.
Once you have confirmed your app is compliant or unaffected by the July 2013 Breaking Changes, set the migration setting to "Enabled" in the Advanced section of the App Dashboard. This will apply the July 2013 Breaking Changes to your app and prevent you from receiving future alerts about these changes.
XFapp, is currently using the following deprecated features:
Social Plugins (Like Button, Like Box) without absolute URL's in their `href` parameter.
These changes will be permanently enabled for all apps in 58 days on Wednesday, July 10, 2013.
You can view this and other Developer Notifications related your app, XFapp, in the App Dashboard.

So the date is coming...

Any information about this ?

Top Bottom