• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Extracting Data from another website

clove28

Hi,

I don't know which is the right forum for this post so just move it to where it must be :D. Anyway, I'd like to ask how to extract data from another website to use for our site. I have forums where we need to validate if they are license or not from another website.

As of now, we are doing it manually but it's really a hard work to verify each once of them. Is there any add-on that can do this already? I'm planning to use an iframe, but I just can't show it up properly. :D I hope somebody can help me.

whynot

Anyway, I'd like to ask how to extract data from another website to use for our site. I have forums where we need to validate if they are license or not from another website.

As of now, we are doing it manually but it's really a hard work to verify each once of them.
Copy and paste articles,(extract) posts, images, etc. to be used on your forums?
Verify what? Stolen from another site?

clove28

Copy and paste articles,(extract) posts, images, etc. to be used on your forums?
Verify what? Stolen from another site?
Nope. It's a website for public use to verify if an agency in our country is licensed or not (preventing illegal recruitment). It is owned by our government. I have a forum where we review agencies posted by our members. We put prefix if the agency has a revoked or valid license based from that website and as of now, we're doing this manually.

Last edited: