Extra Node Information by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Forum Node Information by Waindigo - Add extra classes, a node icon and a background image to the forum's information in the node list.

Description:

This add-on allows users to specify for each individual forum:
  • a CSS class or list of CSS classes to add custom CSS styling to the forum information;
  • a URL of an icon to display as the forum's icon in the node list;
  • a URL of an image to use as the background for the forum node information for that forum.
This add-on requires XenForo 1.2.0 or above.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root...

Read more about this resource...

Going to be testing this now.

However I noticed that the instructions on the addon page for installation, reference the name of the wrong file.

Edit: Everything works fine, since you quickly fixed it via PMs!

Thanks again :)!

As a serious answer, it is actually much more efficient to use the Admin Images add-on, because you might want to use the same icon/background for multiple forums etc.

Just having a single upload field would mean having to re-upload the same image multiple times -- wasting time and wasting resources.

@Ernest L. Defoe You could add this information in a class in your extra.CSS and add the appropriate classes to each of your forums.

Let me know if you need help with this.

This sounds like an extremely nice add-on. I think I may just have a use for it to try something out. Thanks for submitting this Waindigo and will give this a try in a moment. :)

Yup, this is will work nicely for what I am planning @Waindigo - Had a little tinker and although the design in the screenshot is an example the design i plan is to compliment it more in not having the ribbon lip on the right hand side but hanging off on the left.

waindigo-forumribbons.webp

Just wanted to report back the add-on installed flawlessly, no issues whatsoever and to give this a thumbsup. will rate right after I submit this. And again, excellent work. :)

Yup, this is will work nicely for what I am planning @Waindigo - Had a little tinker and although the design in the screenshot is an example the design i plan is to compliment it more in not having the ribbon lip on the right hand side but hanging off on the left.

View attachment 50611

Just wanted to report back the add-on installed flawlessly, no issues whatsoever and to give this a thumbsup. will rate right after I submit this. And again, excellent work. :)
Great stuff. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. And thanks for the review.

Great stuff. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. And thanks for the review.

Everything seems to work fine no issues whatsoever. It's pretty much easy to accomplish whatever you want to do with this. Sent you a small donation for your efforts, it's not much but a little something to show a little appreciation. Thanks again. :)

@Shelley, What we are planning with this addon will rock your entire world :3.............

Remember guys! He made it to our specification, please don't be angry at Waindigo, the reason why it is a URL instead of an upload is because of CDN issues, and something we are planning.

@Shelley, @Waindigo, Want to see?

@Shelley, What we are planning with this addon will rock your entire world :3.............

Remember guys! He made it to our specification, please don't be angry at Waindigo, the reason why it is a URL instead of an upload is because of CDN issues, and something we are planning.

@Shelley, @Waindigo, Want to see?

Nice one. I just read your pc and will catch up with you on steam later tonight (hectic here atm). I'm definitely interested in seeing what you have planned but will jump on later otherwise my work will suffer and i'll end up jumping on for a few games of L4D2. :P

With regards to the add-on built to your specs that's all good, I have no grumbles with it whatsoever. It's perfect for what I plan to do . :) I'm sure i'll find other uses for it also.

Nice one. I just read your pc and will catch up with you on steam later tonight (hectic here atm). I'm definitely interested in seeing what you have planned but will jump on later otherwise my work will suffer and i'll end up jumping on for a few games of L4D2. :p

With regards to the add-on built to your specs that's all good, I have no grumbles with it whatsoever. It's perfect for what I plan to do . :) I'm sure i'll find other uses for it also.

Just as a little taste . . . One of the problems we suffer as a Roleplaying site where people can come create their various adnvetures, for Dungeons and Dragons, Fandoms, Exalted, World of Darkness, what ever have you. Is the fact that some games can be considered more then one genre, etc. However Xenforo only allows you to give one forum to one category . . but with classes . . . we just made an entire dynamic system!

sIc5ewe.jpg

Give a game . . say the class, modern, exalted, dungeons-and-dragons and it will be in the filter for those.

Another example that we won't show yet is the major improvements we did to our regular none game blocks. We are effectively considering it the second version of the style we are currently are using. Also switching a light theme this time. http://www.rpdom.com for the more first version of what we did(Based off of Class). The current one is 100 percent all us.

Top Bottom