Extra Node Information by Waindigo [Deleted]

I can't seem to get this add-on to work. The moment I upload the add-on files I start getting Internal Server Error on all pages. As soon as I delete the files the site starts working. Tried this on two different setups.

I can't seem to get this add-on to work. The moment I upload the add-on files I start getting Internal Server Error on all pages. As soon as I delete the files the site starts working. Tried this on two different setups.
Are you able to turn on debug mode and see if there are any errors displayed?
You can turn on debug mode by adding the following code to config.php file:
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

Does this help?

ErrorException: opendir(/home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/Waindigo/Listener/InitDependencies) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory - library/Waindigo/Listener/InitDependencies.php:5
Generated By: Unknown Account, 24 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'opendir(/home/w...', '/home/wreuov/pu...', 5, Array)
#1 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/Waindigo/Listener/InitDependencies.php(5): opendir('/home/wreuov/pu...')
#2 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): include('/home/wreuov/pu...')
#3 [internal function]: XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('Waindigo_Listen...')
#4 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(0): spl_autoload_call('Waindigo_Listen...')
#5 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(201): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('init_dependenci...', Array)
#6 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(127): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#7 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(61) "http://xyz.com/test120b5/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(42) "http://xyz.com/test120b5/admin.php"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Error Info
ErrorException: opendir(/home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/Waindigo/Listener/InitDependencies) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory - library/Waindigo/Listener/InitDependencies.php:5
Generated By: Unknown Account, 26 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'opendir(/home/w...', '/home/wreuov/pu...', 5, Array)
#1 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/Waindigo/Listener/InitDependencies.php(5): opendir('/home/wreuov/pu...')
#2 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): include('/home/wreuov/pu...')
#3 [internal function]: XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('Waindigo_Listen...')
#4 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(0): spl_autoload_call('Waindigo_Listen...')
#5 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(201): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('init_dependenci...', Array)
#6 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(127): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#7 /home/wreuov/public_html/dealexo.com/test120b5/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(114) "http://xyz.com/test120b5/admin.php?_css/&css=public:xenforo,public:form,admin&dir=LTR&d=1374534593"
["_GET"] => array(4) {
["_css/"] => string(0) ""
["css"] => string(32) "public:xenforo,public:form,admin"
["dir"] => string(3) "LTR"
["d"] => string(10) "1374534593"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@Renegade, the error seems to indicate that you haven't uploaded all the files in the zip. Please make sure to upload all files. In particular, all the files and folders in the library/Waindigo/Listener folder.

Well I noticed that too and double checked the files. They were all there including the InitDependencies. I doubt it is that though, because the moment I upload the files the site stops working and as soon as I delete them it is back online.

Also I enabled debug mode. Not sure what to do with it though since the site just stops working.

Last edited:
Well I noticed that too and double checked the files. They were all there including the InitDependencies. I doubt it is that though, because the moment I upload the files the site stops working and as soon as I delete them it is back online.
That is strange because the error is very clear that the directory does not exist. Though if you have done it multiple times, I find it hard to believe that you keep forgetting to upload that directory. Unless perhaps that error is one that was received while you were uploading.

Also I enabled debug mode. Not sure what to do with it though since the site just stops working.
Sometimes errors don't appear in the server error log (in this case they obviously do), so you have to enable debug mode to see them. Do you get any different error messages with debug mode enabled?

Also, can you try refreshing the page multiple times before deleting the files and make sure that the number of errors in the server error log matches the number of times you refreshed? I want to remove the possibility that there is more than one error.

Nope there are no errors in the server error log page. That error that I meantioned before was also generated only when I tried to install the add-on. I have tried the upload (3 times) and refresh (over 10 times) after that and there are no error logs at all.

Nope there are no errors in the server error log page. That error that I meantioned before was also generated only when I tried to install the add-on. I have tried the upload (3 times) and refresh (over 10 times) after that and there are no error logs at all.
Ok, so it appears that error is a red herring.

And enabling debug mode does not display any errors either? It still just says Internal Server Error? Does that error display immediately, or is it some time before that error appears?

And enabling debug mode does not display any errors either? It still just says Internal Server Error? Does that error display immediately, or is it some time before that error appears?
No. Yes. Immediately after upload. I am using XF1.2 b5

No. Yes. Immediately after upload. I am using XF1.2 b5
Without seeing any error messages, there is not much I can do to help. If you can try and track down a server error log stored on your server (might be in a folder at the same level as your public_html directory or something like that) then that would help.

Otherwise, the only other suggestion I can make is to try uploading the shared files from a more recently updated add-on (e.g., http://xenforo.com/community/resources/join-user-group-by-waindigo.225/) to see if the bug you are experiencing is a problem with a shared file that has already been fixed. If that is the case, please let me know and I will update this add-on.

Great add-on, but saddly you can't add the backgrounds/icons to things like Categories. Ex. I have a category in my main area for multiple forums inside that.

This will add a copyright link on footer?
If you have XenForo 1.2 installed, it will add a small copyright notice underneath the XenForo copyright notice on a couple of pages -- it is hardly noticeable. On XenForo 1.1, I think it adds a copyright notice on every page.

You are permitted to hide the copyright notice on any page (details here) or you can pay to remove it completely.

Thanks for this. Forum node icon and forum node icon working fine, but category node bacground not working on my 1.2 site.

Sent my pm
I've responded to your PM. This add-on isn't designed to work for the top level categories (i.e., the ones that show as orange bars in the default style). It is designed to work when the category appears in the same way as a forum.

Top Bottom