XF 1.5 External Shopping Cart Integations

arn

The stock Xenforo account upgrade system works, but it definitely feels a bit buried in the depths of the forum, and limited (Paypal). I know there are plugins to try to address this, but I was looking into integrating an external shopping cart service.

Are there any external shopping cart services that integrate well with Xenforo? Anyone using any? I'm not sure exactly what i'm looking for, but I know there is better than the Xenforo stock system. Ideally, it would handle payment processing via stripe/paypal. Offer a customizable template with membership options, and it would tie into Xenforo somehow with user account upgrades.

arn

To solve the issue of it being buried in the depths of the forum, couldn't you just put a "Shop" link in the navigation that links to it? Then you could also modify the account upgrade template to look more like you want. For Stripe, @xfrocks has a Paygates add-on that allows Stripe (and other methods) for user upgrades.

To solve the issue of it being buried in the depths of the forum, couldn't you just put a "Shop" link in the navigation that links to it? Then you could also modify the account upgrade template to look more like you want. For Stripe, @xfrocks has a Paygates add-on that allows Stripe (and other methods) for user upgrades.

You can certainly piece together some of the functionality with plugins, but it's not quite the same as an optimized shopping cart. I'm just looking for alternatives.

arn

You can certainly piece together some of the functionality with plugins, but it's not quite the same as an optimized shopping cart. I'm just looking for alternatives.

arn
Fair enough. I was just trying to help you get by without over complicating things. I wasn't sure if you needed a full shopping cart and everything since you seemed like user upgrades almost worked for you. Sometimes trying to integrate large platforms is more of a headache than it's worth and the final result seems like it doesn't blend well. I believe that's why there's not a very popular wordpress bridge, any big shopping cart bridges, etc. It always seems to result in one of the components feeling like it doesn't belong.

If you're selling digital goods, you could look at XenProduct by @Chris D. If you're looking for a full shopping cart solution for physical goods as well, you should probably find one that you like on it's own and then start trying to hire someone to do a custom job for you. To my knowledge, there is not a quality cart bridge available yet. It seems pretty high up on a lot of people's wish lists.

Fair enough. I was just trying to help you get by without over complicating things. I wasn't sure if you needed a full shopping cart and everything since you seemed like user upgrades almost worked for you. Sometimes trying to integrate large platforms is more of a headache than it's worth and the final result seems like it doesn't blend well. I believe that's why there's not a very popular wordpress bridge, any big shopping cart bridges, etc. It always seems to result in one of the components feeling like it doesn't belong.

If you're selling digital goods, you could look at XenProduct by @Chris D. If you're looking for a full shopping cart solution for physical goods as well, you should probably find one that you like on it's own and then start trying to hire someone to do a custom job for you. To my knowledge, there is not a quality cart bridge available yet. It seems pretty high up on a lot of people's wish lists.

Yep, piecing together and just using account upgrades is something we might have to do. One other problem with that is that it requires someone to register first, then send them to the upgrade page. An non-registered user can't do it all at once in one go. I don't know if there is any solution that offers that, though... but I'd imagine a well integrated cart could.

arn

Top Bottom