• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Extending extended class?

MattW

So, I'm trying to get 2 of my addons to work with XenPorta. I've asked in the addon thread, but not had a response from the developer, so I'm asking in here hoping someone else might be able to help?

My addons both extend XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum and allow the data to be added to the forum_stats block.

XenPorta seems to also extend XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum

PHP:
case 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum':
                $extend[] = 'EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum';
                break;
PHP:
class EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum extends XFCP_EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum
{
    public $perms;

public function actionIndex()
    {
        $response = parent::actionIndex();
        $options = XenForo_Application::get('options');

if ($response instanceof XenForo_ControllerResponse_View && $options->EWRporta_globalize['index'])
        {
            $response->params['layout1'] = 'index';
            $response->params['layout2'] = 'portal';
        }

return $response;
    }
I'm stuck now how I get my data into that class EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum? I've tried to extend EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum but that doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus

Maybe you can set the listener priority to a higher value than the value from EWRporta. The regular priority value is 10. I think the higher value executes later, and you want the EWRporta addon to be executed before your addon. This is just a hint what could be improved.

But I do not know if you can extend an addon.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
It should just be a case of extending the default controller but you may need to change the execution order as Marcus suggests.

MattW

My add-on is set to just extend the default controller, but changing the priority doesn't change anything when the portal is enabled.

PHP:
<?php

class AttachStats_Listener
{
    public static function extendControllers($class, &$extend)
    {
        switch ($class)
        {
            case 'XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Home':
            $extend[] = 'AttachStats_ControllerAdmin_AttachStats';
            break;

case 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum':
            $extend[] = 'AttachStats_ControllerPublic_AttachStats';
            break;
        }
    }
}
If I echo out the variable in the template, it's just returning null

stats.PNG

MattW

I can also see my results being fetched from the data_registry when the index page runs. I've no idea what these blocks are doing that is different from the default XF ones.

sql.PNG

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If your data is being retrieved, that means that your code is running. What is your controller code?

MattW

If your data is being retrieved, that means that your code is running. What is your controller code?
PHP:
<?php

class AttachStats_ControllerPublic_AttachStats extends XFCP_AttachStats_ControllerPublic_AttachStats
{
    public function actionIndex()
    {
        $parent = parent::actionIndex();

$options = XenForo_Application::get('options');
        $stats_format = $options->statsformat;
        $AttachStatsModel = $this->_getAttachStatsModel();

switch ($stats_format)
        {
            case 'mb':
            $sizeAttachments = XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_DataRegistry')->get('sizeAttachments');
            $parent->params['sizeAttachments'] = ($sizeAttachments * .0009765625) * .0009765625; // size in MB
            break;

case 'gb':
            $sizeAttachments = XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_DataRegistry')->get('sizeAttachments');
            $parent->params['sizeAttachments'] = (($sizeAttachments * .0009765625) * .0009765625) *.0009765625; // size in GB
            break; 
        }

$parent->params['stats_format'] = $stats_format;

$totalAttachments = XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_DataRegistry')->get('totalAttachments');
        $parent->params['totalAttachments'] = $totalAttachments;

return $parent;
    }

protected function _getAttachStatsModel()
    {
        return $this->getModelFromCache('AttachStats_Model_AttachStats');
    }   
}
and I call the model via the cron

PHP:
<?php

class AttachStats_CronEntry_AttachStats
{
    public static function getTotalAttachments()
    {
        $attachCountModel = XenForo_Model::create('AttachStats_Model_AttachStats');

$totalAttachments = $attachCountModel->getNumRecords();
        XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_DataRegistry')->set('totalAttachments', $totalAttachments);

$sizeAttachments = $attachCountModel->getTotalUsage();
        XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_DataRegistry')->set('sizeAttachments', $sizeAttachments);

$usageAttachments = $attachCountModel->getContentType();
    XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_DataRegistry')->set('usageAttachments', $usageAttachments);

$typeAttachments = $attachCountModel->getAttachmentType();
    XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_DataRegistry')->set('typeAttachments', $typeAttachments);

}
}
It only doesn't work when XenPorta is enabled, and no matter where I put the code in the template, it's not putting my data into the templates.