Export Thread

Export Thread 1.6

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Export Thread - Allows exporting contents of a thread quickly and easily.

Description:

Allows exporting contents of a thread quickly and easily.

This add-on is very useful for quickly grabbing partial or complete thread contents which need to be emailed, copied into into another application, or save in a file.

(Example of Export Thread link in Thread Tools)

View attachment 90088

(Example of Export Thread page)

View attachment 90089

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 90090

(Example of User Group Permissions)...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you, Andy, for working with me on creating this invaluable add-on! My members have been asking for our posts to be turned into a book and with this add-on I can easy export the threads I choose! The add-on works like a charm. Thank you!

Hi Andy, great add-on, simple and effective!

One option you might want to consider making available is the option to strip out the usernames from the thread when exporting.

This would help preserve user privacy in cases where it is sensitive (sometimes we as administrators need to show a thread to 3rd parties, but don't want to divulge the user's names.)

One option you might want to consider making available is the option to strip out the usernames from the thread when exporting.

This would help preserve user privacy in cases where it is sensitive (sometimes we as administrators need to show a thread to 3rd parties, but don't want to divulge the user's names.)
Hi Andy another great option for all of us.
Looks like a great addition, maybe even as a core. I agree the removal of user name if possible would really complete this addon.

How to use:
  1. While viewing a thread, click the Thread Tools and select Export Thread.
  2. Highlight any portion of the thread contents and copy to your clipboard.
  3. Bring up the application of your choice, for example an email program or an editor program.
  4. Paste contents from clipboard.

Ummm... so copy and paste? Why would I need to install an addon to do something that's easy to do anyway? . . . You know.. like I highlighted the instructions and copied them into this thread.

Becase 1) at least in FF, I can only highlight / right-click / copy / paste the viewable page (it doesn't scroll as I click/drag to highlight) and 2) doing such results in a paste like this:

Code:
WCFA
WCFA Active Member

adwolf1 said: ↑

Hi Andy another great option for all of us.
    Looks like a great addition, maybe even as a core. I agree the removal of user name if possible would really complete this addon.

WCFA, Thursday at 6:47 PM Report
#7 Like + Quote Reply
AndyB likes this.
AndyB
AndyB Well-Known Member

AndyB updated Export Thread with a new update entry:

See description.

Export Thread v1.3 changes:

Added to Options page "Show Post Author" selection.

Read the rest of this update entry...

AndyB, Thursday at 10:16 PM Report
#8 Like + Quote Reply

Which is a mess. Thanks for making the addon Andy I think this may come in useful to some members

Hey AndyB... I found an error with your mod.

You are using the template modification system to add your tool menu link... but you also delete the existing template hook in the process. This means other addons can't use the hook.

Have some users interested in us installing this - but I'm a bit worried: Given say a 384-page thread with 7,600 replies, is this going to crash the user's web browser putting all that text into one giganto textbox?

Hello and thanks so much for this addon. I just wondered if there is an option to export the threads as HTML not text. Would be very helpful to do this. Thanks.

Hi Andy,
I was looking for a way to download threads as PDFs and lo and behold you've made an add-on. I should have known!
Best, M

I've also interest what happen if several users want to export thread with for example 15 000 posts on VDS? Server gone error?

Top Bottom