1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Export Thread 1.6

Allows exporting contents of a thread quickly and easily.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Export Thread - Allows exporting contents of a thread quickly and easily.

Read more about this resource...

WCFA and petertdavis like this.
  2. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

Thank you, Andy, for working with me on creating this invaluable add-on! My members have been asking for our posts to be turned into a book and with this add-on I can easy export the threads I choose! The add-on works like a charm. Thank you!

AndyB likes this.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

5. adwolf1

adwolf1 Active Member

Hi Andy, great add-on, simple and effective!

One option you might want to consider making available is the option to strip out the usernames from the thread when exporting.

This would help preserve user privacy in cases where it is sensitive (sometimes we as administrators need to show a thread to 3rd parties, but don't want to divulge the user's names.)

6. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Hi Andy another great option for all of us.
    Looks like a great addition, maybe even as a core. I agree the removal of user name if possible would really complete this addon.

AndyB likes this.
  7. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

9. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Ummm... so copy and paste? Why would I need to install an addon to do something that's easy to do anyway? . . . You know.. like I highlighted the instructions and copied them into this thread.

11. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Well-Known Member

Becase 1) at least in FF, I can only highlight / right-click / copy / paste the viewable page (it doesn't scroll as I click/drag to highlight) and 2) doing such results in a paste like this:

Code:
    WCFA
    WCFA Active Member

adwolf1 said: ↑

Hi Andy, great add-on, simple and effective!

One option you might want to consider making available is the option to strip out the usernames from the thread when exporting.

This would help preserve user privacy in cases where it is sensitive (sometimes we as administrators need to show a thread to 3rd parties, but don't want to divulge the user's names.)

Hi Andy another great option for all of us.
        Looks like a great addition, maybe even as a core. I agree the removal of user name if possible would really complete this addon.

WCFA, Thursday at 6:47 PM Report
    #7 Like + Quote Reply
    AndyB likes this.
    AndyB
    AndyB Well-Known Member

AndyB updated Export Thread with a new update entry:

See description.

Export Thread v1.3 changes:

Added to Options page "Show Post Author" selection.

Read the rest of this update entry...

AndyB, Thursday at 10:16 PM Report
    #8 Like + Quote Reply
    Which is a mess. Thanks for making the addon Andy I think this may come in useful to some members

12. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Hey AndyB... I found an error with your mod.

You are using the template modification system to add your tool menu link... but you also delete the existing template hook in the process. This means other addons can't use the hook.

13. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

14. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

Nice addon but it would be nice if you can export to a document like pdf or word.

15. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to add the ability to display the attachments inline?

16. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

Because for a 20 page thread that would be cumbersome?

Agree.

17. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

Have some users interested in us installing this - but I'm a bit worried: Given say a 384-page thread with 7,600 replies, is this going to crash the user's web browser putting all that text into one giganto textbox?

18. VapeNinja

VapeNinja Member

Hello and thanks so much for this addon. I just wondered if there is an option to export the threads as HTML not text. Would be very helpful to do this. Thanks.