Export Thread 1.6

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
Description:

Allows exporting contents of a thread quickly and easily.

This add-on is very useful for quickly copying several posts or the entire thread, the copied content is then pasted into an email or file.

(Example of Export Thread link in Thread Tools - Pic 1)

pic001.webp

(Example of Export Thread page - Pic 2)

pic002.webp

(Example of Options page - Pic 3)

pic003.webp

(Example of User Group Permissions - Pic 4)

pic004.webp

Features:
  • Adds "Export Thread" link to Thread Tools [Pic 1].
  • Option to change textarea size located in Options.
  • Option to show Post Author or hide Post Author [Pic 3].
  • User Group Permissions [Pic 4].
  • All phrases start with exportthread_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download exportthread_v1.6.zip and unzip it
  2. Upload the Andy directory to your server, the correct location is library/Andy
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the Install Add-on page
  4. Upload the addon-ExportThread_v1.6.xml file
  5. Click the Install Add-on button
User Group Permissions:

This determines which user group will be able to use this add-on.

How to use:
  1. While viewing a thread, click the Thread Tools and select Export Thread.
  2. Highlight any portion of the thread contents and copy to your clipboard.
  3. Bring up the application of your choice, for example an email program or an editor program.
  4. Paste contents from clipboard.
Tip: Download the "Save Text Area" add-on for Firefox, this will allow you to save highlighted content to a file in a few clicks.​

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
Author
AndyB
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 6 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

Export Thread v1.6 changes: Fixed Template Modification so it works with other add-ons properly.
  2. See description.

Export Thread v1.5 changes: Fixed code to properly show date in other than English languages.
  3. See description.

Export Thread v1.4 changes: Missed a minor detail dealing with the "at" not showing between the...

Latest reviews

Wonderful resource. Thank you so much for taking the time to create this resource. It works perfectly in our 1.5.8 installation.
As Administrators, we sometimes overlook what 'we' can do versus what our users can do.(i.e. Edit/Copy thread contents at anytime.) This novel Export Thread add-on allows your users to easily copy or backup any threads they would like to. Amazingly easy to use, users are just one-click away from copying/pasting a favorite thread. Kudos for an elegant solution, to a wide-spread issue.
Excellent as usual. "Export Thread" is a very useful option for those who want to save information for future use, without searching in a huge amount of data. Thank you Andy.
This is great for collaborative writing sites. It gives people a chance to download and preserve all of their work! My members have been waiting a very long time to get this feature back.
Brilliant and simple solution to export thread posts. My users will love this to (at final stage) print threads in simple format, edit them before if they need to etc. Just plain usefulness. Thank you, Andy!
I have been looking for such an add-on for a long time. My community members want to read our posts and articles in book format and this add-on makes exporting and editing the threads and posts an easy task. Totally easy to install and just a few clicks away from creating my book. Thank you Andy!
Top Bottom