1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclude logo and favicon from upgrade only package

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Parminder Singh Chahal, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Parminder Singh Chahal

Parminder Singh Chahal Active Member

At the moment the logo.png and the favicon are also included in the upgrade only file but no one probably uses it and have to either delete them before uploading or if they forget to do that then upload their own later on.

I believe if these two are removed from the upgrade only package then it would save every one some time especially people like me who use the default style.

Unless it is intentionaly put in there to serve some purpose ofcourse.

rafass, graham_w, Sasa and 4 others like this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Not strictly a "no thanks", but the favicon that's provided won't be used unless it's moved somewhere else or there's a specific reference that was added to it into the templates. As such, it serves as a default reference.

For the logo, you can put yours anywhere and then adjust the logo path style property and it'll never be overwritten.

3. OwenJames

OwenJames Active Member

Hi

I have just merged my templates from into the new 1.2 versions as recommended in ACP, and now the favicon is the xenforo one. I can not find where it is referenced in the templates so can you tell me where I can find it, so I can point it back to my original one?

Thanks!

4. Parminder Singh Chahal

Parminder Singh Chahal Active Member

Its easier to just upload your own using FTP. Keeps things simple. Just create it again using dynamic drive if you dont have it saved anywhere.

5. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

I was going to post this.. :) Yes, what he said..