XF 1.4 Exceptinally Slow...

Ablac

For some reason RC 2 has made my Xenforo Forums Exceptionally slow... like to the point of installing an addon takes 20 - 35 min... Not Joking either... I left my house went shopping and came back and it was processing admin templates... My host is Hostgator, It was a fresh install, with a custom template, and a Background Image with my logo, and was installing, Install and Upgrade by Waindigo. the actual user end of the forum is also exceptionally slow... Im wiping my forums (again...) and going back to 1.3 for now as 1.4 doesn't seem very stable to me :(

Again because i already had to wipe my forums right after upgrading to RC2 as my MYSQL database corrupted.

Edit: Looking at my Hostgator CPU usage graph it shows that Xenforo was using nearly 90% of the CPU for 2 hours.

There are hundreds of sites using 1.4 RC2 on their live sites, and some have even been going against advice and using it since Beta 1 was released. On the contrary it has been exceptionally stable throughout.

If you're running on a shared hosting package, it is potentially the other sites on the same server as you which is causing the problem. Something else that can impact the speed of rebuilds is the number of styles and languages you have installed. Though 30 minutes is pretty unusual and it's likely an issue with the server that is mostly effecting the time taken.

This has nothing to do with 1.4 RC2.
The underlying code base hasn't changed.

In fact, 1.3 to 1.4 is a relatively minor upgrade, compared to previous second point releases.

This is a clean install with a single theme, I'm going to wipe it and start fresh again, cause its kinda strange how slow it is, I don't think its the server cause I have wordpress as well and my wordpress site has 15 addons, and runs extremely fast for a wordpress site... I'll try 1.4 RC2 again maybe theres something missing/messed up.

This was the CPU that my account was using while the addon was being installed. The usage was over a 2 hour period that it jumped to over extreme CPU usage.CPU.webp

Top Bottom