Everything Miko is working on for the style

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

After having seen some inside things as well as public videos, it's clear that Miko has made excellent progress and understanding of the xenforo styling system - using jQuery and smart CSS and dynamic style properties per style, building a framework etc. The dynamic -ness of what's possible for users to build styles now is mind blowing almost. It makes it feel like xenforo 1.1 already.

So everything that just feels so smart and 'oeh, that would really help' from what he has done -> in xenforo by default please.

I strongly recommend to consider either hiring him to do this for xenforo - or otherwise let him license it out or something, it's totally worth it.

And no, he didn't ask me to post this, haha. I just wish all those awesome tweaks would be default in xenforo.

Upvote 10
Loving Infinity Colours, you really cannot get any more easier styling than that. If that was implemented into the core, that'd be amazing.

Loving Infinity Colours, you really cannot get any more easier styling than that. If that was implemented into the core, that'd be amazing.

I'm glad of all of the positive feedback, thank you :)

Infinity cololours is on the front end for the users rather than the admin.
Basically anyone, with required permission (admin option for that) can, re-colourise the skin/s to suit they're taste.
Colors settings are stored in the user cookies so that if they come back at a later time (up to 10 days), the forum will preserve the custom colours.

As much as i love Infinity Colours, I don't think it should be part of the core feature.
Kier and Mike have already many things to focus on, to deliver a rock solid XenForo 1.0.0 gold that is 100% bug free!

I'm glad of all of the positive feedback, thank you :)

Infinity cololours is on the front end for the users rather than the admin.
Basically anyone, with required permission (admin option for that) can, re-colourise the skin/s to suit they're taste.
Colors settings are stored in the user cookies so that if they come back at a later time (up to 10 days), the forum will preserve the custom colours.

As much as i love Infinity Colours, I don't think it should be part of the core feature.
Kier and Mike have already many things to focus on, to deliver a rock solid XenForo 1.0.0 gold that is 100% bug free!
I understand it's user-changeable but imagine if this was edited to, for example, allow inline styling of the forum from an Administrator's perspective?

Top Bottom