Everything Miko is working on for the style

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

After having seen some inside things as well as public videos, it's clear that Miko has made excellent progress and understanding of the xenforo styling system - using jQuery and smart CSS and dynamic style properties per style, building a framework etc. The dynamic -ness of what's possible for users to build styles now is mind blowing almost. It makes it feel like xenforo 1.1 already.

So everything that just feels so smart and 'oeh, that would really help' from what he has done -> in xenforo by default please.

I strongly recommend to consider either hiring him to do this for xenforo - or otherwise let him license it out or something, it's totally worth it.

And no, he didn't ask me to post this, haha. I just wish all those awesome tweaks would be default in xenforo.

Upvote 10
I would imagine the toggle sidebar will be planned. I was going to suggest this months ago but got distracted though I'm betting at some point we will see that feature.

With regard to the other features some of them are nice. Miko has done a good job.

After having seen some inside things as well as public videos, it's clear that Miko has made excellent progress and understanding of the xenforo styling system - using jQuery and smart CSS and dynamic style properties per style, building a framework etc. The dynamic -ness of what's possible for users to build styles now is mind blowing almost. It makes it feel like xenforo 1.1 already.

So everything that just feels so smart and 'oeh, that would really help' from what he has done -> in xenforo by default please.

I strongly recommend to consider either hiring him to do this for xenforo - or otherwise let him license it out or something, it's totally worth it.

And no, he didn't ask me to post this, haha. I just wish all those awesome tweaks would be default in xenforo.

To nice Floris, thank you for the great review/comment :)

I love XenForo styling system, Mike and Kier have build something really special here.
There is so much that it can be done with it, the style properties are very powerful giving us almost unlimited possibilities without having to edit a single file.

Me and @_pank are working hard in building, what we are hoping to be, the best XenForo Skins on the market @_themesinc

What you see in my screencasts are some of the options that I'm building in our backend Framework that will power all of our styles.

Having said that if Mike and Kier need an extra person..... I'm going to be here......hahah :)
I just think that right now they have enough to worry about without having to add more features or hire more people.

Take care
Miko

To nice Floris, thank you for the great review/comment :)

I love XenForo styling system, Mike and Kier have build something really special here.
There is so much that it can be done with it, the style properties are very powerful giving us almost unlimited possibilities without having to edit a single file.

Me and @_pank are working hard in building, what we are hoping to be, the best XenForo Skins on the market @_themesinc

What you see in my screencasts are some of the options that I'm building in our backend Framework that will power all of our styles.

Having said that if Mike and Kier need an extra person..... I'm going to be here......hahah :)
I just think that right now they have enough to worry about without having to add more features or hire more people.

Take care
Miko

Just to say again an excellent job miko. :)

With regards to some of the features you have showcased some of these I will expect to see in the core. Whilst your showcase has been presented beautifully, I'll touch upon two of the features I will push to see in the core that are great as 3rd party add-ons but for time saving sakes, and possibly financial saving sakes the collapse nodes and toggle sidebar are the two that I personally feel will and should be implemented into the core.

I wouldn't imagine that they are too time consuming for mike and kier to introduce and would push to see the two I stated implemented when gold ships.

knowing k&m that will be in 2012.
i need one sooner rather than later.
ive been looking at russ' thread a lot too
Patience is a virtue. It's not like they're fighting off a lawsuit while working on development or anything... :rolleyes: lol
That being said, Russ is doing a good job on the mobile style. :D

Also, is there a demo board that I can look at to see the collapse nodes/sidebar toggle/etc. that were mentioned? They sound like awesome additions.

Also, is there a demo board that I can look at to see the collapse nodes/sidebar toggle/etc. that were mentioned? They sound like awesome additions.

No we don't have a live demo, me and Pank are still coding and designing....
If you want to see more, we have a series of Screencasts demonstrating several options of the framework that will power all of our skins
http://themesinc.com/community/forums/xenomorph-framework/

Take care,
Miko

Looks like great stuff Miko, the entire community of XenForo will benefit from some nice premium themes from you :)

Looks like great stuff Miko, the entire community of XenForo will benefit from some nice premium themes from you :)

Thank you Russ!
Me and Pank (old extremepixels owner) are working very hard in trying to bring something new to the table with our styles :)

I like what you are doing with the XFStop Mobile Style, Mobile styles are very tricky to do, look forward testing it.

I have to say it's impressive, but I think it would go better as a paid mod for xF that works for all themes, or join with xF and integrate it by default. I'd really hate to see the xenomorph framework be limited to themesinc premium themes.

I have to say it's impressive, but I think it would go better as a paid mod for xF that works for all themes, or join with xF and integrate it by default. I'd really hate to see the xenomorph framework be limited to themesinc premium themes.

The true beauty of Xenforo is the massive amount of options it gives you. In reality a framework is nothing more then sets of custom code/CSS strategically called from within the templates. I'd be very surprised if a couple of our themesinc custom framework options such as collapses didn't make it into the Gold version (but that is only an assumption by me).

The bottom line from what we have seen thus far is that the sky truly is the limit. How our custom framework options will be distributed is something that has already generated a bit of discussion between Miko and myself. We have quite a ways to go before everything is perfect and at this point we have been focusing on what we think our customers would really appreciate. This is a brand new platform and I'm sure there will be some excellent skin designers chomping at the bit to get out some quality products. It's really a treat to see such an enthusiastic and tight knit crowd growing so quickly over here.

Top Bottom