Essential addons for a classifieds forum?

Amin Sabet

I just moved 5 sites from vBulletin to XenForo. Has gone very smoothly. I wish I had done this a long time ago.

The last major thing I need to do is to get my classifieds boards going again on each of the sites.

I plan to use one of the forms addons to post listings to the forum. Have purchased a copy of both available forms addons and am testing to see which one I'll use.

I plan to buy the "Up Thread" addon to give members a bump button for their listings.

I've installed XenTrader for feedback and imported the feedback from my vB iTrader installations, but XenTrader doesn't seem to be working on my boards, so I'm waiting for an update on that one. I know there is another feedback system addon, and I will probably shell out for that if the XenTrader update doesn't come soon.

Lastly, I am looking for an addon that would let my members closed their own threads and mark the transaction "completed" with the push of a button. Mark Threads as Solved seems like it would do this, but it looks like there are problems with that addon, so I'm looking for an alternative.

What are others using for these purposes? Anything I am missing?

take.webp
:coffee:

I think I want to just use the forums for classifieds as I have always done. The only missing piece as I see it would be a button to let members close their own listings.

We have huge classified forums
https://www.avforums.com/categories/classified-adverts.242/digest
We use XenCentral Trader plus a bunch of addons Chris wrote for us.
An Archive Thread addon which allows members to archive their own threads. The auto archive function deals with threads with no replies after a set number of days.
We have an addon which lets us change the new thread button text.
We have a customised fields addon to create a special form for posting new ads.
We have an addon which limits the number of threads per person to one per forum.
We have an addon which restricts classifieds to over 18s.
We have a new addon by Daniel Hood which lets us monitor pms for personal details previously used by scammers.
We have Waindigo's Digest View addon so people can see ads from all the subforums.
We have a bunch of experience of running classifieds.

An Archive Thread addon which allows members to archive their own threads. The auto archive function deals with threads with no replies after a set number of days.
We have an addon which limits the number of threads per person to one per forum.
We have a new addon by Daniel Hood which lets us monitor pms for personal details previously used by scammers.
We have Waindigo's Digest View addon so people can see ads from all the subforums.
Hello Stuart
That addons are are custom development? your forum is awesome.
are you using this addon? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/custom-fields-by-waindigo.885/ ?
I'm interested in some of that addons.

Thank you. All the above addons are working on AVForums now including our own custom new thread fields addon created by Chris D which we use for new classified ads.

@Stuart Wright what add-on are you using that makes users post classifieds in this manner?

iZPmHfI.png
Chris D's custom thread fields addon. It's not been released to the community simply because he/we haven't had time. It's been working on AVForums since November 2013.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

If someone were to release a bundle of add-ons for classifieds such as you are using I think they would have a lot of sales.

At least I know I would purchase a classifieds system for xenforo. I would bet others would too.

Top Bottom