[ES] Unable to change "Index Configuration" options

Kevin

XF 2.0.7 / ES 2.0.1 / Elasticsearch 6.3.1

I have ES up & running but I'm unable to make any changes to the "Index Configuration" options in the ACP (for Word Stemming and Stop Words). When trying to make any changes to them it appears as though they are saving and the screen refreshes but after the refresh the options are back to their defaults again. All other ES options are able to be changed. Nothing shows up in the browser console during the save and no errors reported from Chrome's 'network' developer tools menu.

Thoughts? Just me? Something with my Elasticsearch installation? XF ES bug? Not enough coffee?

waka5.gif

I've just tested it here and it works as expected.

Does the green banner with the message about rebuilding the search index appear at the top of the page after saving?

I've just tested it here and it works as expected.
OK, so it may be me somewhere. :D

Does the green banner with the message about rebuilding the search index appear at the top of the page after saving?
Just checked... yep, after choosing either "Stop Words" or "Word Stemming" it does the page postback and the green 'Your changes have been saved. To finish this action, you must now rebuild the search index.' confirmation message is at the top of the page. Other options on the page, like 'Enable accent removal and character simplification' work as expected (meaning that their state is saved after changing the option), just Stop Words and Word Stemming are giving me grief.

That could be a breaking change in ElasticSearch 6.3.x. Can you try if that problem exists with 6.2.x? I'm running 6.2.4 currently with no problems.
@Brogan probably would be helpful if you could confirm whether 6.2.x or 6.3.x is running here on this site.

Can you try if that problem exists with 6.2.x?
Not easily for me as at the moment I don't have ES setup in my non-Prod environment. (I know, I know... bad Admin! :().

Do you have any browser extensions installed?
Nothing that would affect my domain. Besides Chrome I've tried with a stock install of IE 11 on the desktop and whatever the current flavor of Chrome for Android is, same results all around.

FYI - I've recently switched servers, same version of XF (cPanel transfer so same settings, etc.), fresh install of ElasticSearch (current 6.4.3 version), problem no longer occurs.

Oddly enough, I am experiencing this problem for version X1.5 and ES1.8. Everything works but it won't let me change the default configuration, i.e. to allow stemming. I can submit it but it switches back to the default.

How was this resolved?

Thanks,
Ray

ElasticSearch can get into a stuck state where it refuses to-do anything (not even delete an index!), generally you will see this if you run out of diskspace.

ElasticSearch can get into a stuck state where it refuses to-do anything (not even delete an index!), generally you will see this if you run out of diskspace.
In my case disk space was definitely not an issue. If I encounter this again, how does one go about getting ES to be unstuck?

Top Bottom