XF 1.5 Errors due to Add on conflicts

kiwixpop

Well I may be sleep deprived but I was dumb and did not back up my files prior to starting this newest upgrade due to the fact I had no issues with the last upgrade. However I have an issue now.

I got this error when upgrading
Code:
Uh oh, your upgrade to 1.5.0 has failed!

The following elements of the database are incorrect:

Column xf_profile_post_comment.message_state missing.
Column xf_profile_post_comment.likes missing.
Column xf_profile_post_comment.like_users missing.
Column xf_profile_post_comment.warning_id missing.
Column xf_profile_post_comment.warning_message missing.
This is likely caused by an add-on conflict. You may need to restore a backup, remove the offending add-on data from the database, and retry the upgrade. Contact support if you are not sure how to proceed.

And that cases this error when you try to post on member's recent status update or try to visit a profile of a member

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'profile_post_comment.message_state' in 'where clause'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/ProfilePost.php at line 1100
XenForo_Model_ProfilePost->getProfilePostComments() in XenForo/Model/ProfilePost.php at line 1317
XenForo_Model_ProfilePost->addProfilePostCommentsToProfilePosts() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 259
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionMember() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/guiltyp/docs/xenforo/index.php at line 13

I removed anything that had appeared in the latter error that were addons and I have currently disabled all add ons I have. I probably should have done that prior to upgrading.

Can get some help?

I have a back up of my site from the last grade I did, which was back in April. If I replace my currently (and messed up) directory files, will I lose any information? (Like posts and members from after that last upgrade?)

Thank you for your help in advance. I do feel like an utter dunce.

okay thanks, so I won't lose anything. That will be much easier to fix .

I run a roleplay forum and we have over 6,000 threads and over 170,000 posts and I don't want to lose anyone's stories. ^^'

I have quite a few installed. The ones I uninstalled were :

Nobita: comment like, profile cover, BD medals (I hope to get this one back), Waindigo user edit front end, the tag me addon and the bookmarks

I also disabled all of the addons and still got the errors

This may help:

I think you already did this, but it might have been before uninstalling that add on in which case we don't actually know for sure whether that did do some damage. That said, I would be expecting to see errors if any of these columns didn't exist.

Run each one of these and note which fail and which succeed. They are the same queries I gave you when you first had the problem.

Code:
            ALTER TABLE xf_profile_post_comment
            ADD message_state ENUM('visible', 'moderated', 'deleted') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'visible'

Code:
            ADD likes INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

Code:
            ADD like_users BLOB NOT NULL

Code:
            ADD warning_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,

Code:
            ADD warning_message VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
Of course it's a difficult scenario for us to support fully as there is potentially an add on involved.

This was likely caused by an add-on to do with liking profile post comments. Upgrade the profile post comment liking add-on, then run the queries above, and if necessary re-run the upgrade.

I have removed the files for the addons I believe was causing the issue, I still get this

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'profile_post_comment.message_state' in 'where clause'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/ProfilePost.php at line 1100
XenForo_Model_ProfilePost->getProfilePostComments() in XenForo/Model/ProfilePost.php at line 1317
XenForo_Model_ProfilePost->addProfilePostCommentsToProfilePosts() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 259
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionMember() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/guiltyp/docs/xenforo/index.php at line 13

If you are not comfortable with or don't know how to run queries using PhpMyAdmin then you will either need to contact your host so they can do it for you, or restore a recent back up.

We've given you the solutions, you need to carry them out, somehow, to fix the problem.

Do you have a back up before this problem happened?

Edit:
this query worked for me.

ADD message_state ENUM('visible', 'moderated', 'deleted') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'visible'

Last edited:
Top Bottom