1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Errors due to Add on conflicts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by kiwixpop, Aug 23, 2015.

1. kiwixpop

kiwixpop Member

Well I may be sleep deprived but I was dumb and did not back up my files prior to starting this newest upgrade due to the fact I had no issues with the last upgrade. However I have an issue now.

I got this error when upgrading
    Code:
    Uh oh, your upgrade to 1.5.0 has failed!

The following elements of the database are incorrect:

Column xf_profile_post_comment.message_state missing.
    Column xf_profile_post_comment.likes missing.
    Column xf_profile_post_comment.like_users missing.
    Column xf_profile_post_comment.warning_id missing.
    Column xf_profile_post_comment.warning_message missing.
    This is likely caused by an add-on conflict. You may need to restore a backup, remove the offending add-on data from the database, and retry the upgrade. Contact support if you are not sure how to proceed.
    And that cases this error when you try to post on member's recent status update or try to visit a profile of a member

Code:
    Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'profile_post_comment.message_state' in 'where clause'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/ProfilePost.php at line 1100
    XenForo_Model_ProfilePost->getProfilePostComments() in XenForo/Model/ProfilePost.php at line 1317
    XenForo_Model_ProfilePost->addProfilePostCommentsToProfilePosts() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 259
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionMember() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/guiltyp/docs/xenforo/index.php at line 13

I removed anything that had appeared in the latter error that were addons and I have currently disabled all add ons I have. I probably should have done that prior to upgrading.

Can get some help?

I have a back up of my site from the last grade I did, which was back in April. If I replace my currently (and messed up) directory files, will I lose any information? (Like posts and members from after that last upgrade?)

Thank you for your help in advance. I do feel like an utter dunce.

2. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

They are in the database.

3. kiwixpop

kiwixpop Member

okay thanks, so I won't lose anything. That will be much easier to fix .

I run a roleplay forum and we have over 6,000 threads and over 170,000 posts and I don't want to lose anyone's stories. ^^'

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Which add-ons do you have installed?
    Have you uninstalled any recently?

Those columns were added in 1.5 Beta 1.

5. kiwixpop

kiwixpop Member

I have quite a few installed. The ones I uninstalled were :

Nobita: comment like, profile cover, BD medals (I hope to get this one back), Waindigo user edit front end, the tag me addon and the bookmarks

I also disabled all of the addons and still got the errors

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This may help:

This was likely caused by an add-on to do with liking profile post comments. Upgrade the profile post comment liking add-on, then run the queries above, and if necessary re-run the upgrade.

Xon and kiwixpop like this.
  7. kiwixpop

kiwixpop Member

Sadly I am still having this issue.

8. Chris D

What are they specifically?

9. kiwixpop

kiwixpop Member

I have removed the files for the addons I believe was causing the issue, I still get this

Code:
    Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'profile_post_comment.message_state' in 'where clause'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/ProfilePost.php at line 1100
    XenForo_Model_ProfilePost->getProfilePostComments() in XenForo/Model/ProfilePost.php at line 1317
    XenForo_Model_ProfilePost->addProfilePostCommentsToProfilePosts() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 259
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionMember() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/guiltyp/docs/xenforo/index.php at line 13

10. Chris D

borbole likes this.
  11. kiwixpop

kiwixpop Member

How do I do that?

12. Chris D

If you are not comfortable with or don't know how to run queries using PhpMyAdmin then you will either need to contact your host so they can do it for you, or restore a recent back up.

We've given you the solutions, you need to carry them out, somehow, to fix the problem.

Do you have a back up before this problem happened?

13. bailer

bailer Member

Edit:
    this query worked for me.

ALTER TABLE xf_profile_post_comment
    ADD message_state ENUM('visible', 'moderated', 'deleted') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'visible'

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  14. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Simply copy/paste those queries and run them at the phpmyadmin.

15. kiwixpop

kiwixpop Member

Contacted my host and we fixed it thanks!