XF 1.2 Error when trying to run the final install.

Roadwart

I`m trying to upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.2.2 so I have uninstalled all the existing add ons & then Uploaded & overwritten all the files in the 1.2.2 upgrade pack & when browsing to the install directory to complete the install I`m getting the following error

;
An exception occurred: Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /homepages/11/d374386031/htdocs/wsb6420136202/forum/library/Lgpl/utf8.php, line 4 in /homepages/11/d374386031/htdocs/wsb6420136202/forum/library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php on line 321

1. Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders() in Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 63
  3. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->__construct() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlInstall.php at line 16
  4. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlInstall->__construct() in XenForo/Dependencies/Install.php at line 73
  5. XenForo_Dependencies_Install->getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 537
  6. XenForo_FrontController->_getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 141
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /homepages/11/d374386031/htdocs/wsb6420136202/forum/install/index.php at line 18

I have redownloaded the package from the customer area & re uploaded the files again & get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

OK found that Lgpl/utf8.php didn`t copy over correctly so have manually copied that over & can now get to the "upgrade system" page. (y)

Am now getting the "at least 1 file(s) do not appear to have the expected contents" error. I have redownloaded the upgrade package for the third time & still getting this. Is there an easy way to find which file(s) are causing the error to reappear?

Right now it doesn't give detail in the upgrade but it's a limited list. However, there could be other ones that are incorrect -- it checks a limited number of important files related specifically to upgrading. I would have to recommend reuploading everything, ensuring that files are overwritten as necessary.

Thanks for the reply Mike. I`ve had this second error before on a prev upgrade & redownloading the upgrade pack has fixed it but this time I`ve redownloaded the upgrade pack from the XF servers about 7 times today, uploading the entire contents to my host each time (making sure to overwrite the old files) & I`m still getting this. Should I maybe try going via an earlier version?

OK I`ve been at this for the last 6 hours & still getting nowhere fast.

Download upgrade, extract files, FTP files to server, install says 1 file hasnt got the expected contents, Delete zip & extracted files from hard drive, empty recycle bin, redownload upgrade, extract... you get the idea.

I am selecting to overwrite files when reuploading too.

Anyone else had this & can shed any light on the situation?

Top Bottom