XF 2.1 error 503 when trying to install addons or run check

This is a hosting issue:
A 503 Service Unavailable Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that a server is temporarily unable to handle the request. This may be due to the server being overloaded or down for maintenance.

That's the standard response of poor hosting in my experience.

What type of hosting are you using and what company? One cause for the error is insufficient memory on the server,

Are you using or is the host using caching? One common source of this error seems to be misconfiguration in Varnish caching or nginx. I don't use either so someone else will need to jump in about those.

That's the standard response of poor hosting in my experience.

What type of hosting are you using and what company? One cause for the error is insufficient memory on the server,

Are you using or is the host using caching? One common source of this error seems to be misconfiguration in Varnish caching or nginx. I don't use either so someone else will need to jump in about those.

Brixly is the host and I believe it's shared. I can see if it's a memory issue.

The error may be triggered by running an intensive job such as rebuilding, etc., but it is a web server error and something your host would have to investigate and resolve.

In general, if the host is unresponsive to issues such as this, then my advice would be to switch hosts.

The error may be triggered by running an intensive job such as rebuilding, etc., but it is a web server error and something your host would have to investigate and resolve.

In general, if the host is unresponsive to issues such as this, then my advice would be to switch hosts.

Is there any way to test if it's a hosting issue? Or would the issue occur no matter what until I get a new host or they fix it.

EDIT: It seems to be all resolved now, must have been a hosting issue..

Last edited:
Top Bottom