XF 1.1 Error when trying to make threads/posts on my forum.

WaddleJrJr

There is an error that comes and goes on my forum when trying to make threads. It is,
"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server."

I get this error frequently, and sometimes it forces me to go several days without posting new threads. However sometimes I'm allowed to make new posts without getting the error, and at the same time cannot make new threads, or sometimes can not make posts in a certain thread, but can make posts in other threads on the site. I've checked permissions several times, and there's nothing set wrong there, so the only other thing which I could see may be causing it is access to the index.php file itself, however I don't know what the 'right' permissions for that file should be.

Thanks.

What is the chmod value for your index.php file? And is it only when you attempt to post threads are when you attempt to access your forum (at any point).

What is the chmod value for your index.php file? And is it only when you attempt to post threads are when you attempt to access your forum (at any point).
Only when making posts or threads.
Permissions values are set to 664.
You probably need to look at your web server error logs. You're likely hitting something like mod_security.
I'll have to wait for the error to show up again before I can get the logs for when it's happening. It's a little difficult to track down due to the random nature...

Top Bottom