Not a bug  Error when clicking on rss icon in forum on my site.

BlackMuddler

When I clicking on a given rss icon in forum on my site - I got an error like the following on a white page.

Code:
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

The URL show as this in browser

Code:
http://www.mydomain.net/xf/forums/gigt.42/index.rss

What to do and go from here?

In the admin CP, look at Tools > Server Error Log. It will have more information about the error.

Strange. Try turning on debug mode by adding this to your library/config.php file:

$config['debug'] = true;

You should get a more detailed error message if you click the link then.

(Don't leave that line in on a production forum; do the check and remove it.)

Okay .. With debug some more info in the error messages - but still nothing i ACP Error Logs

Code:
An exception occurred: Invalid parameter: "name" must be a non-empty string in /chroot/home/mydomain/mydomain.net/html/xf/library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Feed/FeedAbstract.php on line 277

1. Zend_Feed_Writer_Feed_FeedAbstract->setGenerator() in XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php at line 34
   2. XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 222
   3. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php at line 31
   4. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
   5. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
   6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /chroot/home/mydomain/mydomain.net/html/xf/index.php at line 15

Debug mode disabled again - Is this something you can understand - I can't
redface.png
I wish I was a programmer or understand code reading.

Maybe I should mention that some of my forum names have native Danish characters without that I have put some info in the URL portion box just below that when you create a forum - like the following:

ForumSetup.webp

And here is the code starting at line 274

PHP:
        } else {
            if (empty($name) || !is_string($name)) {
                require_once 'Zend/Feed/Exception.php';
                throw new Zend_Feed_Exception('Invalid parameter: "name" must be a non-empty string');
            }
            $generator = array('name' => $name);
            if (isset($version)) {
                if (empty($version) || !is_string($version)) {
                    require_once 'Zend/Feed/Exception.php';
                    throw new Zend_Feed_Exception('Invalid parameter: "version" must be a non-empty string');
                }
                $generator['version'] = $version;
            }

Moved to bugs. Looks like you have a thread that created by a user with no name. This is almost definitely related to an import (I'm assuming you imported), though we need to handle that.

I do not have imported from a earlier forum - but I have rss feed fetched and put on forum .. And those rss import have no name - I can try do delete all those post, stop for rss import and the try .. Is that ok - or is action on you?

Top Bottom