1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Error when clicking on rss icon in forum on my site.

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by BlackMuddler, Feb 20, 2011.

1. BlackMuddler

BlackMuddler Active Member

When I clicking on a given rss icon in forum on my site - I got an error like the following on a white page.

Code:
    An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
    The URL show as this in browser

Code:
    http://www.mydomain.net/xf/forums/gigt.42/index.rss
    What to do and go from here?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

In the admin CP, look at Tools > Server Error Log. It will have more information about the error.

3. BlackMuddler

Thanks Mike - for getting back to me.. But sadly - the logs section does not show anything..

ServerErrorLogs.png

Do I have to create a ticket on this issue?

4. Mike

Strange. Try turning on debug mode by adding this to your library/config.php file:

$config['debug'] = true;

You should get a more detailed error message if you click the link then.

(Don't leave that line in on a production forum; do the check and remove it.)

5. BlackMuddler

Okay .. With debug some more info in the error messages - but still nothing i ACP Error Logs

Code:
    An exception occurred: Invalid parameter: "name" must be a non-empty string in /chroot/home/mydomain/mydomain.net/html/xf/library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Feed/FeedAbstract.php on line 277

1. Zend_Feed_Writer_Feed_FeedAbstract->setGenerator() in XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php at line 34
       2. XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 222
       3. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php at line 31
       4. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
       5. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
       6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /chroot/home/mydomain/mydomain.net/html/xf/index.php at line 15

Debug mode disabled again - Is this something you can understand - I can't [​IMG] I wish I was a programmer or understand code reading.

Maybe I should mention that some of my forum names have native Danish characters without that I have put some info in the URL portion box just below that when you create a forum - like the following:

ForumSetup.png

6. BlackMuddler

And here is the code starting at line 274

PHP:
            } else {
                if (empty(
    $name) || !is_string($name)) {
                    require_once 
    'Zend/Feed/Exception.php';
                    throw new 
    Zend_Feed_Exception('Invalid parameter: "name" must be a non-empty string');
                }

$generator = array('name' => $name);
                if (isset(
    $version)) {
                    if (empty(
    $version) || !is_string($version)) {
                        require_once 
    'Zend/Feed/Exception.php';
                        throw new 
    Zend_Feed_Exception('Invalid parameter: "version" must be a non-empty string');
                    }

$generator['version'] = $version;
                }

7. Mike

Moved to bugs. Looks like you have a thread that created by a user with no name. This is almost definitely related to an import (I'm assuming you imported), though we need to handle that.

8. BlackMuddler

I do not have imported from a earlier forum - but I have rss feed fetched and put on forum .. And those rss import have no name - I can try do delete all those post, stop for rss import and the try .. Is that ok - or is action on you?

9. BlackMuddler

But error happens for all my forums ..

10. Mike

Can you give the URL to the forum?

11. BlackMuddler

12. Mike

Oh I'm sorry, I misread the error - you need to set a board title in the options.

BlackMuddler likes this.
  13. BlackMuddler

Thanks Mike - I works superb now *thumbs up* ..

14. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Haha :p Epic Fail :)

15. BlackMuddler

Oooh my godness - A typo - Have make your day.. [​IMG]

16. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

No, the epic fail is the bug you found mate ;)