XF 1.4 Error submitting sitemap to Google: ....

tonnyz

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Error submitting sitemap to Bing: Unable to Connect to tcp://www.bing.com:80. Error #110: Connection timed out -library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Error submitting sitemap to Google: Unable to Connect to tcp://www.google.com:80. Error #110: Connection timed out -library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

I got those 2 server errors above. What do they mean, what's the effect and what should I do for them ?

thx :)

Do you get them all the time or was it a one off?

If it happens every time the sitemap is submitted (every 3 days) then you could have a server/firewall configuration which is preventing it.

What do you see in /admin.php?logs/sitemap ?

Do you get them all the time or was it a one off?

Til now, just this morning.

If it happens every time the sitemap is submitted (every 3 days) then you could have a server/firewall configuration which is preventing it.

Should it need editing on my side or on my hosting side ?

What do you see in /admin.php?logs/sitemap ?
this one
v
v
Start Date Completion Date Total Files Total URLs Compressed
Mar 11, 2015 at 6:29 AM Mar 11, 2015 at 6:29 AM 1 123 Yes
Mar 9, 2015 at 8:14 AM Mar 9, 2015 at 8:14 AM 1 4 Yes

If it just happened once then it was likely a temporary connection failure.

Monitor and see if it works the next time, or run the cron entry to test it now.

It's one of the benefits of the software. If a thread you are participating in gets a reply, you normally get an alert, unless you have turned that function off.
Quoting is really best when you want to pick one part of a post out or if you have multiple posts (not necessarily from the same person) that you want to address.
I find myself guilty of doing it also sometimes. I really hate it when someone says something and it really doesn't tie directly back to anything in the thread that you can find an association to.

Top Bottom