Fixed  Error on facebook recommend (Pages)

gamecock

I am receiving an error from Facebook when recommending pages. Facebook seems to think the wrong url was passed to it. "The page at http://ifootballfan.com/threads/ could not be reached."

I could recommend your example page here so I don't know if you already fixed this or problem is peculiar to my config.

This has been fixed and will be in the next release.

It was some incorrect code in pagenode_container.

It should be this <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:pages', $page}</xen:set>
Instead of this <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>

This has been fixed and will be in the next release.

It was some incorrect code in pagenode_container.

It should be this <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:pages', $page}</xen:set>
Instead of this <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>

Where can we find that code snippet Brogan.

Hey Brogan,

This fixed worked great till I upgraded to RC3. The code in pagenode_container shows the same as your fix above but now im getting the errors again arghh!! Any ideas?

This is in my flexile dark pagenode_container.

Code:
        <xen:include template="share_page">
            <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:pages', $page}</xen:set>
        </xen:include>

It's working for me here and on my site so presumably you have an issue elsewhere.

Is it just pages it doesn't work on, or threads also?

It's working for me here and on my site so presumably you have an issue elsewhere.

Is it just pages it doesn't work on, or threads also?
Hi Brogan,

Its working again! Maybe facebook had the issue? Seems to be very fidgity with me, ill try over the next few days and record my results, any issues ill come back :P thanks Brogan, always helpful

Top Bottom