XF 2.0 Error message when changing Avatars

RSI

Not sure if this is a bug but every time I go to change mine or someone avatar I get the error below. The avatar changes, but I get the error. It happens when uploading one. It happens after it uploads when hitting Okay.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Last edited:
I did install a robot add-on last night that blocks all of the bots except for the ones I want like googlebot, bingbot and yahoo slurp, but the rest are now being blocked. I had a similar add-on installed on my old XF1.5 installation.

So now I've got it down to where the only time I get those max_user_connection errors is when trying to get the add-on icons to display. When the ACP home page or add-on page comes up the first time several of the add-on icons won’t display and it's random. I only start getting the errors when I refresh the page now and the ones that still won’t display throw the error in the log. Again, its random because it’s never the same add-on, but what it shows is something in the ACP is trying to use more connections to get those darn icons to display. I'm guessing no one ever bothered to see what it would do if you have a lot of add-ons installed so they just missed it. The request state is always the same, just with a different add-on icon each time.

Request state

array(4) {

["url"] => string(47) "/admin.php?add-ons/random_add-on/icon"

["referrer"] => string(44) "https://mydomain.net/admin.php?add-ons/"

["_GET"] => array(1) {

["add-ons/random_add-on /icon"] => string(0) ""

}

["_POST"] => array(0) {

}

}

Hopefully someone will come up with a mod to turn those darn icons off. The ACP needs like a lite display mode or something. My db has 75 connections available which should be more than enough so it is a problem on Xenforo’s end.

Also below is my servers information

Apache Version - 2.4.29
PHP Version - 7.2.1
MySQL Version - 10.2.11-MariaDB-log
Architecture - x86_64
Operating System - Linux
Perl Version - 5.10.1
Kernel Version - 2.6.32-896.16.1.lve1.4.49.el6.x86_64

Last edited:
Top Bottom