Cannot reproduce Error after update to XenForo 1.2.2

Cao

Dear Xenforo, I want report an bug but I still do not clear understand.

After I update from xenforo 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 I got an error, random in 10% of visits my site load fail, the browser return null. But when I F5, it's load normal. I see in my site and Xenforo forum (http://xenforo.com/community/) got same error.

When using Google Chrome > F12 > Console mode, I see "Failed to load resource : http://domain.com/threads/sample-title.123/"

When test using Firefox, I got error message:
Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of the problem.

I guess it is related to jquery new version but I'm not sure.
As I said, it does not happen often, but it's annoying to users, they have to press F5 to continue.

Please detect and fix in 1.2.3.
Thanks!

Screenshot with random access:
CaptureXenforo.webp

...and It load ok after press F5 to refresh:

CaptureXenforo_after_F5.webp

No issue here either. This is more indicative of an issue between servers and your computer. An error like that would likely indicate an unexpected connection drop or the compressed content of the page between manipulated (making it invalid).

So why I'm not got error with Xenforo 1.2.1 and any other website?
I'm using lastest version of Chrome and Firefox with optical cable.

Just doing the obvious here, but try to restart your modem/router and your computer. If you have another computer at home/laptop, try from there. Laptop that is connected to a different network than your house would give you better indication about this problem. I can't reproduce this either, so I think this is something local, perhaps on your computer/internet connection or in extreme cases your ISP/proxy (if you have one).

I also receive that error message, here and on the forums I run - only in Firefox, and on two different computers using different internet access.

Top Bottom