XF 1.2 Error 508 Resource Limit Is Reached

Mr Lucky

I am getting a lot of these on my test installation:

Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

The hosting company (Zen Internet) say there is no reason on the server for this. I also have a few other sites with vbulletin wordoress and do not get the problm only on the site with xenforo test (which I want to take over from the vbulletin siyte once get this issue sorted.

The host tech support suggested I try to increase memory limit in php.ini

I tried this
Code:
memory_limit = 64M
and what happened then is none of the user passwordswould work.

Can anyone help please?

There is no reason for this to happen. The host would have had to have added resource limits for it to occur, and I doubt that xenForo would exceed them.

Could MySQL connections be the cause of this?

I
Could MySQL connections be the cause of this?

How do I check that? There are no problems with other MySQL databases on the hostibg account?

One thing I wonder though, the xenforo is installed in a directory /forum/ In the root I have a Wordpress installation, I wonder if that could be causing issues?

It sounds like this may be a CloudLinux configuration: http://support.host1plus.com/index..../0/why-my-website-is-getting-503-or-508-error

It seems to imply that it's down to host-defined limits. There would presumably be a log on their site of what's happening, so it's a shame that your host says there's no reason for that to happen. I assume that the limits are all configurable so that particular example may not be the exact reason but your host would generally need to provide more info as to what their limits are and how they're being exceeded.

It sounds like this may be a CloudLinux configuration: http://support.host1plus.com/index..../0/why-my-website-is-getting-503-or-508-error

It seems to imply that it's down to host-defined limits. There would presumably be a log on their site of what's happening, so it's a shame that your host says there's no reason for that to happen. I assume that the limits are all configurable so that particular example may not be the exact reason but your host would generally need to provide more info as to what their limits are and how they're being exceeded.

Yes, I think you are right.

The host is Zen Internet (UK) it's a shared server but has never had this problem before. It's not a cheap ISP, but usually tech support is good. The tech support I spoke to yesterday had limited knowledge of the hosting side of their service so I must wait until tomorrow to get more info.

If their suggestion of increasing the memory limit with php.ini works then no problem, but as soon as I tried that the passwords in xenforo were not recognised.

Perhaps if I can find the solution to that then the problem may be solved. But it's odd, the site speed has been erratic, between lightning fast and very very slow.

OK, I got the answer. It seems I had been exceeding the bandwidth limit for years with no problems, but finally they have decided they need to impose the restrictions. So basically, they've been turning a blind eye and can no longer do that.

So I will upgrade to their cloud hosting and get 250GB p.m. bandwidth which is easily upgradeable as it's a virtual server.

Just coincidence that this happened exactly as I was switching to xenforo.

I use arvixe as my host. I have a "heavy" package without badwidth, or disk space limits. My memory usage is under 10% of the allowed limit. Arvixe reports that they have no such issue with my account. yet I get this error occasionally - and what is strange - is I get it at times when there is very little traffic in the forum. Arvixe suggests that I talk to XenForo. You say it is not a XenForo problem. Any suggestions?

I use arvixe as my host. I have a "heavy" package without badwidth, or disk space limits. My memory usage is under 10% of the allowed limit. Arvixe reports that they have no such issue with my account. yet I get this error occasionally - and what is strange - is I get it at times when there is very little traffic in the forum. Arvixe suggests that I talk to XenForo. You say it is not a XenForo problem. Any suggestions?
Well, as you are posting in the thread I started, I can tell you what solved it for me.

As mentioned it was shared hosting, but I had the domain as an addon domain in the root of the cpanel. As soon as I created a WHM account for the domain, it was sorted.

Well the message in question is served by the web server and not PHP or XenForo (neither have been executed yet). As such, it can't (itself) be caused by XF. It would be related to a webserver configuration of some sort.

Top Bottom