As designed Enhanced Search Search By Member Not Working

rfc0001

Affected version
With Enhanced Search enabled, the Search > "By Member" text box no longer auto-populates member names for members who haven't posted for a long time.

So, click Search, click in the By Member field, start typing a member name of someone who hasn't posted in a year or so, and it won't autocomplete.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is due to this Enhanced Search setting:

1521598119535.webp

Essentially, results are being pushed down into oblivion due to age, which is desired for threads with this setting enabled, but should not apply to users names, but apparently does (or there is a completely unrelated bug here).

This is a standard behaviour in XF in various auto complete lists, and nothing to do with Enhanced Search - search by member, start conversation with user, mentioning users in posts. We only show users who have been active within the last 180 days, by design.

Thanks for clarifying. For some reason I never noticed it until I installed Enhanced Search, and incorrectly correlated it.

Is this setting configurable some where?

Easily done :) It was introduced in XF 1.4 so it might have eluded you for a while.

It's not currently configurable though i believe there is a suggestion to make it so which we'll consider in the future.

Top Bottom