Filter search by user does not work after suggestions show

Mr Lucky

Affected version
2.3.0 beta 5
Please excuse if this is not a bug and so inevitable. The new auto complete search suggestions are great. If you filter by user before searching, then the autocomplete gives you results for that member.

However if you add the member after the suggestion list shows, it does not filter.

You might be led to believe it should because as soon as you type something, the user filter drops down and still shows below the suggestions as if inviting you to still use it after the suggestions are shown. If it isn't meant to work like that it might make more sense to have it hidden once the suggestions are there.

Assuming it is the same issue, I see the something similar happening when searching Resources. First enter search words, then swap the Everywhere/Resources search option, but the inline suggestions do not update with the change in search criteria.

Ah yes, in my report above I only mention user filter but of course as the other filters (everywhere/this forum etc.) still show the UI implies they can be used.

Points noted and I'm not commenting either way on whether we can or will fix this, but to be clear, only typing in the keywords box actually triggers a new search.

You can change any of the constraints (such as type constraint, or member) but they will not apply until you refine your search keywords which will trigger new results to be fetched.

can or will fix this, but to be clear, only typing in the keywords box actually triggers a new search.
Thanks, I suspected as much but I think even if it cannot be fixed, maybe the UI can be clearer, I can imagine getting complaints because the UI still implies those filters could apply.

Top Bottom