XF 1.5 Enhanced Search results not following permissions

Parsnip

I'm running Enhanced Search and it doesn't seem to follow the permissions correctly, I'm not sure if the basic search is the same.

I have a sub-forum where everyone can browse the thread titles, but only paid members are allowed to click through to view the full thread content.

Non-paying members (Registered) are set to View Thread Content: Revoke.

The thread titles are not being returned in search results for non-paying members but they do have permission to view that much.

How can I enable this?

Unless they can actually view the thread (including the content), the results aren't shown in the search. This is mostly because the search is generally going to include the content and will display part of the content.

Essentially, if you can't view the thread content, you'll only see the thread titles when you browse the forum in question.

Ah, I can see where displaying part of the content may be undesirable. However it does seem to be a bit of a deviation from the rest of the forum permissions and perhaps needs a new permission option added.

In this case however viewing a teaser of the content would be great. Non-paying members often get converted to paying members when they come across content they want to access, but need to upgrade to view the thread.

So is there any workaround for this?

Actually I've realised this causes a bit of angst between my forum members.

Because free members will search for something, not see the appropriate result, then be berated by other paid members saying 'did you even search, it was the first result'.

Perhaps someone like @Xon might be kind enough to look at incorporating a fix into one of their search related add-ons?

Top Bottom