1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhanced Search or Google Custom Search

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Kenneth Holland, May 26, 2012.

1. Kenneth Holland

Kenneth Holland Active Member

I'm about to buy XF (finally!) but don't know if I need enhanced search yet.

Do I? :)

It's a brand new forum attached to a blog with moderate traffic. Can I add it later? Is it more to add later?

Also, would Google Custom Search be better?

Thanks!

Ken

2. principia

principia Well-Known Member

Enhanced search is above 1 Million Posts. You can add it later.

Kenneth Holland likes this.
  3. Kenneth Holland

Great. Thank you. :)

4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That said, enhanced search provides extra functionality/performance even for smaller boards and I know several forums with under 100k posts using it.

5. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

We're planning on introducing it at some point, we're at 35K posts and we think it's going to be very useful.

6. principia

principia Well-Known Member

I have around 100 000 posts on a shared hoster and feel no need for enhanced search. :)
    everything is running very well

7. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

It's not about reducing load for us, it's the increased result accuracy, unlimited characters and a bunch of little things. Plus we've had a number of people complain about our search even though they love the site.

Although our load is incredibly high for a site of size which is annoying.

8. Kenneth Holland

I'll probably not get it off the bat and include it bit later when my forum gets some traction.