1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhanced report center - feedback from our staff

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Phases, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Phases

Phases Active Member

Hello! Phases from androidforums.com here. We've recently moved to XF - boy what a ride that was :p - and now that we've been running it a couple of months I wanted to pass some feedback to you guys from our staff. Just an effort to both help us, and XF.

I did a search and found some bits and pieces in here but nothing encompassing so opted to post this new thread.

We have a large staff, nearly 100, 30 or so having access to the report center. There is a discussion internally and here is a quote from the OP of that discussion that I thought I might pass along. They are fair enough suggestions..

I had started a thread in add-on requests for a portion of this but, really it's all important and I think the whole XF community would benefit from most of this so, wanted to post here instead.

I know most or all of this can be resolved by using the "post new thread in forum" feature instead of the RC, but the RC comes with many advancement that the forum community has been dying for as a whole and we hate to pass these up! Having to choose between one or the other is tough, and staff is pretty split down the middle. At the moment, we are sticking with RC.

Feelings won't be hurt if no replies hit this - I know you're all busy. Just feel I need to pass this on. Our staff is working hard to adjust and doing it with smiles on their faces, I'd like to at least pass on the larger stuff like this.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Alfa1, Sim, okhello and 7 others like this.
  2. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Liking a report comment... interesting.

3. Phases

Phases Active Member

Yes, discussion on some reports can last a while with many replies.. likes are important to us. :)

Xon likes this.
  4. Donny

Donny Active Member

You can create threads now and just use a moderators forum if that's your flavour?

5. Phases

Phases Active Member

Nah, as explained we really didn't want to lose RC features. So, we had a developer create what we wanted, and it's great! Likes, quotes, bbcode, links to the forum the content is in, ability to edit report title, watch reports, search reports, comment on closed without it reopening, reopen reports, and more. Most with notifications. It's a vast improvement.

So, all is well. :)

Xon likes this.
  6. BetaSparkUK

BetaSparkUK Member

Great idea, I've wanted this too! :)

Xon likes this.