XF 1.1 Endless upload of GIF avatars

After installing Imagick and confirming that it works on my server, I am still unable to upload animated GIFs as avatars, it simply hangs and never times out.
Server log contains no errors and I can use Imagick for static images, that works fine. But the moment it is an animated GIF, it locks itself in an endless loop of loading bars.

I have made sure that internal_data and data is chmodded to 777.
Is there anything in particular I should look for in order to solve my problem?

Not using Rails, could be the virtual environment. Also it works (even with OpenMP problems) it just causes terrible performance (CPU spikes).

That was the common complaint that I found. Also slow processing complaints. Most were from back in 2010/11, with a smattering of 2012 in there. General recommendation was what you had to do, compile it without OpenMP on it. It seems to reason that since I'm using basically the same setup as you are with the exception you are on a VPS and I'm on a dedicated it could very possibly be the problem. When I get a chance I'll copy one of my nightly dumps of my forum DB to my VPS that's not being used and set it up again over there (but I don't remember having any problems with it either - but it was not OpenVZ, it was a KVM system).

Top Bottom