[Endless Horizon] Social Share

[Endless Horizon] Social Share 2.2.3

No permission to download
Perfect addon! Instagram is a future option?

Thanks
Thanks for the feedback!
Regarding Instagram, I can't promise anything for now. I rarely used Instagram so I haven't paid much attention to it. So honestly I have no idea if there's any way to make this add-on do its job on Instagram.

Is there a way to enable this add-on for threads or individual posts WITHOUT deleting the default XenForo share page links at the bottom?

Is there a way to enable this add-on for threads or individual posts WITHOUT deleting the default XenForo share page links at the bottom?
If I remember correctly, there's no way to do that out of the box (there's no options built-in for that in my add-on). I suppose you can achieve that by doing a couple of modifications to the template, though I can't confirm the method for now (can't do it without re-checking the codes again because it's been a while since the last time I checked the add-on's code).

Not sure if you can answer this or not - but we're using the Vault Wiki addon (full version) for our Wiki, and we would like to add this same share button/system to the bottom of all of our Wiki pages.

Is there a relatively easy way to do that?

You'll need to figure out the template used by VaultWiki to include share buttons. I'm not using that add-on so I can't tell by myself.

You'll need to manually edit the template, either header or anything else to include eh_socialshare template. You can look for existing Template Modifications of this add-on to see how I replace the original "Share This Page" button with the custom one.

Awesome plugin, thanks for sharing. Just one thing, my facebook page plugin stopped working since I activated this addon. I added FB page plugin below visitor panel.

Did you add your FB page plugin through template edit? As far as I can remember though, my add-on doesn't mess with templates that have anything to do with visitor panel.

Yes, I actually just added the page plugin code (like below) in ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel template.

Code:
<div class="fb-page" data-hide-cta="true" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/nasa/" data-small-header="false" data-adapt-container-width="true" data-hide-cover="false" data-show-facepile="true"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/nasa/" class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/nasa/">NASA</a></blockquote></div>

I don't see any JS error in my console, that's why I am confused. The page plugin does not appear, rather the html link is shown in place
Code:
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/nasa/">NASA</a>

Working fine on my local installation:
1482243917279screensave.webp
Are you sure that you had correctly included the JavaScript bits of Facebook's Page Plugin somewhere after the html codes?

possible show all social icon as option ?
i realize my user stop sharing cause they can't find share this features (yah they see but don't look for it)

Thanks for this nice addon.
Can you please help me fix this error:
1-png.145272
There are a few possible causes for this issue, as far as I can remember. First is because the add-on cache hasn't been rebuilt correctly. Second is because the JS template isn't being included properly. To confirm the second cause, you can check Template Modifications in Admin CP and see whether the template modification for page_container_js_head is working properly (there's no grey or red number):
screenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net-2016-12-27-11-55-22.webp
possible show all social icon as option ?
i realize my user stop sharing cause they can't find share this features (yah they see but don't look for it)
You mean showing it within/after the "Share This Page" button or..?
yah i love to have this too :)
Because my add-on directly modifies share_page template, I suggest directly modifying the add-on's Template Modifications (you'll need to enable debug mode while modifying them).

To display the default XenForo share page links for threads alongside this add-on's, you need to look for this add-on's Template Modification for thread_view, specifically the one which "adds ability to disable default widget on bottom of threads":
1482815178683screensave.webp
Then replace the content in Replace section into:
HTML:
<xen:include template="share_page_default">
    <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>
</xen:include>
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.EHSS_ViewThreads.bottom}"><xen:include template="share_page"></xen:include></xen:if>
After that, go to Templates, and make a new template called share_page_default, and copy everything from share_page template into it.
By the way, you can move the section which includes share_page_default template from the new Replace code into before/after the line which adds the original Replace code.

To display the default AddThis for individual posts, you'll have to modify this add-on's Template Modification for post_permalink.
HTML:
$0
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.EHSS_ViewThreads.post}">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <div class="sharePage jsOnly">
            <xen:hook name="share_page_options">
                <xen:include template="eh_socialshare"><xen:set var="$permalink">{xen:link full:threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}</xen:set></xen:include>
            </xen:hook>
        </div>
    </div>
</xen:if>
By the way, you can also move $0 into the bottom of the lines to move the AddThis buttons below this add-on's.

There are a few possible causes for this issue, as far as I can remember. First is because the add-on cache hasn't been rebuilt correctly. Second is because the JS template isn't being included properly. To confirm the second cause, you can check Template Modifications in Admin CP and see whether the template modification for page_container_js_head is working properly (there's no grey or red number):
View attachment 145468

You mean showing it within/after the "Share This Page" button or..?

Because my add-on directly modifies share_page template, I suggest directly modifying the add-on's Template Modifications (you'll need to enable debug mode while modifying them).

To display the default XenForo share page links for threads alongside this add-on's, you need to look for this add-on's Template Modification for thread_view, specifically the one which "adds ability to disable default widget on bottom of threads":
View attachment 145469
HTML:
<xen:include template="share_page_default">
    <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>
</xen:include>
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.EHSS_ViewThreads.bottom}"><xen:include template="share_page"></xen:include></xen:if>
After that, go to Templates, and make a new template called share_page_default, and copy everything from share_page template into it.
By the way, you can move the section which includes share_page_default template from the new Replace code into before/after the line which adds the original Replace code.

To display the default AddThis for individual posts, you'll have to modify this add-on's Template Modification for post_permalink.
HTML:
$0
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.EHSS_ViewThreads.post}">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <div class="sharePage jsOnly">
            <xen:hook name="share_page_options">
                <xen:include template="eh_socialshare"><xen:set var="$permalink">{xen:link full:threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}</xen:set></xen:include>
            </xen:hook>
        </div>
    </div>
</xen:if>
By the way, you can also move $0 into the bottom of the lines to move the AddThis buttons below this add-on's.

i ain't code and hardly understand any of it :)
would u do that for us with a fees ?
thanks

i ain't code and hardly understand any of it :)
would u do that for us with a fees ?
thanks
If you only need to display XenForo's default ones alongside this add-on's in threads and individual posts, I think I can spend a couple of minutes for free. Just send me a temporary account with enough access to tamper with templates and Template Modifications (you'll have to manually enable debug mode by yourself). I can't guarantee that I'll get to it as soon as you send me the account though.

BobbyWibowo updated [Endless Horizon] Social Share with a new update entry:

Updated to 2.2.0

ALERT: Almost all variable names in eh_socialshare_js template were renamed. If you had customized them before, don't forget to make a backup (this also include the main.js file).

Change log for 2.1.7 update:
  • Added an option called "Use floating share button" which will allow you to display a floating share button. When this option is enabled, all the other views will be forcefully disabled except "View on threads > Post's Permalink"....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom