[Endless Horizon] Social Share

[Endless Horizon] Social Share 2.2.3

No permission to download
That's weird. Did you make sure to enable the option? If you uploaded the XML file correctly, then it should have shown the floating button on all pages served by XenForo (excluding Admin pages) after you enabled the option. I checked the code in GitHub and there didn't seem to be any faults.
Also it shouldn't have affected Share This Post button in post's permalink since there was no change to the JavaScript file.
Can you see any error messages in your browser console on page load and when you click on the buttons (both floating if visible and Share This Post in post's permalink)?

Yes, installed add-on and enabled option, even checked if there was some sort of permission to be set somewhere.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AFoGAdC3DHtEfowiI8wZanRj7M4P9LZNYt4

https://www.evernote.com/l/AFrjfc8Wdg5DrrspEm5aRiOEE8-MRML72ig

No sign of the eh_socialshare anywhere in the page's source code :(
Floating button should use eh_socialshare_floating template.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what's going on in your side. I developed the feature on my localhost, uploaded the archive to GitHub then to my live forums, and it works just fine in my live forums.

Can you post me the content of eh_socialshare, eh_socialshare_floating, and eh_socialshare.css template? Don't forget to wrap them within spoiler tags.

Floating button should use eh_socialshare_floating template.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what's going on in your side. I developed the feature on my localhost, uploaded the archive to GitHub then to my live forums, and it works just fine in my live forums.

Can you post me the content of eh_socialshare, eh_socialshare_floating, and eh_socialshare.css template? Don't forget to wrap them within spoiler tags.

eh_socialshare
<xen:require css="eh_socialshare.css" />
<xen:require js="js/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/main{xen:if '{$xenOptions.EHSS_CompressedJS}', '.min'}.js" />

<button class="button primary ehss_button {xen:if '{$aboveQuickReply}', 'aboveQuickReply'}"{xen:if '{$permalink}', ' data-permalink="{$permalink}"'}><i class="fa fa-share-alt"></i><span>{xen:if '{$permalink}', '{xen:phrase view_EHSS_button_text_permalink}', '{xen:phrase view_EHSS_button_text}'}</span></button>

eh_socialshare_floating
<xen:require css="eh_socialshare.css" />
<xen:require js="js/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/main{xen:if '{$xenOptions.EHSS_CompressedJS}', '.min'}.js" />

<button class="button primary ehss_button floating" title="{xen:phrase view_EHSS_button_text}"><i class="fa fa-share-alt"></i></button>

eh_socialshare.css
.ehss_button {
width: 100%;
height: auto;
padding: 10px;
line-height: normal; }
.ehss_button .fa {
margin-right: 6px;
font-size: 16px;
line-height: normal;
vertical-align: middle; }
.ehss_button span {
display: inline-block;
font-size: 13px;
line-height: normal;

.ehss_button.aboveQuickReply { margin-bottom: 10px; }

.ehss_button.floating {
position: fixed;
width: 42px;
height: 42px;
left: 0;
bottom: 40px;
border-left-width: 0;
border-top-left-radius: 0;
border-bottom-left-radius: 0;
box-shadow: 0 2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,.2);
z-index: 9999; }

.ehss_button.floating .fa { margin-right: 0; }

/** OVERLAY TECHNIQUE, COURTESY OF SOCIAL: http://tolgaergin.com/files/social/index.html **/

.ehss_overlay {
position: fixed;
top: 0;
background: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6);
z-index: 10000;
height: 100%;
text-align: center;
overflow-y: auto; }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
bottom: 0;
right: 0;
text-align: center; }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items:before {
content: '';
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner {
vertical-align: middle;
width: 80%;
max-width: 720px;
padding: 1em; }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li {
padding: 10px; }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li > span {
display: block;
color: white;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 13px;
margin-top: 10px;
text-shadow: 0 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li a span {
display: block;
width: 100px;
height: 100px;
box-shadow: 0 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4);
transform: translateZ(0);
-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;
backface-visibility: hidden;
-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
-webkit-transition-duration: 0.5s;
transition-duration: 0.5s;
cursor: pointer; }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li a span:hover {
-webkit-transform: scale(1.2);
transform: scale(1.2);
-webkit-transition-timing-function: cubic-bezier(0.47, 2.02, 0.31, -0.36);
transition-timing-function: cubic-bezier(0.47, 2.02, 0.31, -0.36); }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li a span:before {
content: '';
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li a span .ehss_count {
position: absolute;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
background-color: white;
bottom: 5px;
right: 5px;
padding: 1px 2px;
font-size: 12px;
border-radius: 2px;
box-shadow: 0 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4); }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li a span .fa,
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li a span .ehss {
vertical-align: middle;
color: white;
font-size: 50px;
text-shadow: 0 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4); }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li a span .ehss {
background-size: contain; }
.ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner ul li a span .ehss.ehss-line {
background-image: url('styles/endlesshorizon/socialshare/line.png'); }

<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
.Responsive .ehss_overlay .ehss_items .ehss_inner { width: auto; }
}
</xen:if>

Also noticed this on eh_socialshare :
https://www.evernote.com/l/AFrfvSJf1OpDs4W3B8s8MNeh3fReb-__z34

UPDATE: Try to go to Template Modifications > [Endless Horizon] Social Share > PAGE_CONTAINER (check the description, and look for the one which says something about floating share button). If it's working fine, it shouldn't show any positive grey and red numbers in the right side:
screenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net 2016-08-30 12-30-30.webp

Error
No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible.

I get this when trying to merge eh_socialshare with the eh_socialshare it offers me..

----

Both PAGE_CONTAINER in template modifications have only Master style / OK / 1

Though the style I'm using isn't the master one, is that normal ?

https://www.evernote.com/l/AFpnwPcAeNtAUp-Id-p5iY3xGD-IVrPJn7c

example that has 3 / 0 / 0 , with the style I'm using (strontium) :
https://www.evernote.com/l/AFpU2NsXQz1Df4WHUvNXojgqFVZrKpZfPyA

No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible.

I get this when trying to merge eh_socialshare with the eh_socialshare it offers me..
Revert the template if you haven't actually made any changes to the template. This message happened because I updated the template's version but didn't actually make any changes to the content.
Both PAGE_CONTAINER in template modifications have only Master style / OK / 1

Though the style I'm using isn't the master one, is that normal ?
Actually, that's not normal. The only explanation that I can think about is that you style's PAGE_CONTAINER template was modified to an extend that the "replacement key" was no where to be found.

Actually, that's not normal. The only explanation that I can think about is that you style's PAGE_CONTAINER template was modified to an extend that the "replacement key" was no where to be found.

That's very possible ... Actually I cannot make any modification at all on PAGE_CONTAINER without it breaking the template, and I have to revert back to fix it :(

Though the button in sidebar version worked, just not the floating .. is that because button version uses another template may be ?
( I can modify all templates on my xenforo without errors except PAGE_CONTAINER )

By that I mean modifying manually of course, all add-ons I installed so far have worked, so I'm guessing they're using hooks or something like that ?

That's very possible ... Actually I cannot make any modification at all on PAGE_CONTAINER without it breaking the template, and I have to revert back to fix it :(

Though the button in sidebar version worked, just not the floating .. is that because button version uses another template may be ?
( I can modify all templates on my xenforo without errors except PAGE_CONTAINER )

By that I mean modifying manually of course, all add-ons I installed so far have worked, so I'm guessing they're using hooks or something like that ?
Can you post me your recent version of PAGE_CONTAINER template (wrap within code tag)? To be fair, the add-on only need to find for one particular line.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html><xen:set var="$isResponsive" value="{xen:if '@enableResponsive AND !{$noResponsive}', 1, 0}" />
<html id="XenForo" lang="{$visitorLanguage.language_code}" dir="{$visitorLanguage.text_direction}" class="Public NoJs {xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, 'LoggedIn', 'LoggedOut'} {xen:if {$sidebar}, 'Sidebar', 'NoSidebar'} {xen:if $hasAutoDeferred, RunDeferred} {xen:if $isResponsive, Responsive, NoResponsive}" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
<head>
    <xen:hook name="page_container_head">
        <meta charset="utf-8" />
        <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge,chrome=1" />
        <xen:if is="{$isResponsive}">
            <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
        <xen:if is="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}">
            <base href="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}" />
            <script><xen:comment>/* Chrome bug and for Google cache */</xen:comment>
            var _b = document.getElementsByTagName('base')[0], _bH = "{xen:jsescape $requestPaths.fullBasePath}";
            if (_b && _b.href != _bH) _b.href = _bH;
            </script>

<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

<noscript><style>.JsOnly, .jsOnly { display: none !important; }</style></noscript>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&amp;style={xen:urlencode $_styleId}&amp;dir={$visitorLanguage.text_direction}&amp;d={$visitorStyle.last_modified_date}" />
        <!--XenForo_Require:CSS-->
        {xen:helper ignoredCss, {$visitor.ignoredUsers}}

<xen:include template="google_analytics" />
        <xen:include template="page_container_js_head" />

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.hackerdecroissance.com/styles/*******/stylium/strontium/xenforo/logo/hdc-favicon.png">
        <link rel="icon" href="http://www.hackerdecroissance.com/styles/*******/stylium/strontium/xenforo/logo/hdc-favicon.png" type="image/x-icon">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
        <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{xen:phrase rss_feed_for_x, 'title={$xenOptions.boardTitle}'}" href="{xen:link forums/-/index.rss}" />
        <xen:if is="{$pageDescription.content} AND !{$pageDescription.skipmeta} AND !{$head.description}"><meta name="description" content="{xen:string wordTrim, {xen:helper stripHtml, {xen:raw $pageDescription.content}}, 200}" /></xen:if>
        <xen:if is="{$head}"><xen:foreach loop="$head" value="$headElement">{xen:raw $headElement}</xen:foreach></xen:if>
    </xen:hook>
</head>

<body{xen:if {$bodyClasses}, ' class="{$bodyClasses}"'}>
<xen:hook name="body">

<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin}">
        <xen:include template="moderator_bar" />
        <xen:elseif is="!{$visitor.user_id} && !{$hideLoginBar}" />
        <xen:include template="login_bar" />

<div id="headerMover">
        <div id="headerProxy"></div>

<div id="content" class="{$contentTemplate}">
            <div class="pageWidth">

<div class="pageContent">
                    <!-- main content area -->

<xen:hook name="page_container_content_top" />

<xen:if is="{$sidebar}">
                        <div class="mainContainer">
                            <div class="mainContent"></xen:if>

<xen:include template="ad_above_top_breadcrumb" />

<xen:hook name="page_container_breadcrumb_top">
                        <div class="breadBoxTop {xen:if $topctrl, withTopCtrl}">
                            <xen:if is="{$topctrl}"><div class="topCtrl">{xen:raw $topctrl}</div></xen:if>
                            <xen:include template="breadcrumb"><xen:set var="$microdata">1</xen:set></xen:include>
                        </div>

<xen:include template="ad_below_top_breadcrumb" />

<!--[if lt IE 8]>
                    <p class="importantMessage">{xen:phrase you_are_using_out_of_date_browser_upgrade}</p>
                    <![endif]-->

<xen:hook name="page_container_notices">
                        <xen:include template="notices" />

<xen:hook name="page_container_content_title_bar">
                        <xen:if is="!{$noH1}">
                            <!-- h1 title, description -->
                            <div class="titleBar">
                                {xen:raw $beforeH1}
                                <h1><xen:if
                                        is="{$h1}">{xen:raw $h1}<xen:elseif
                                        is="{$title}" />{xen:raw $title}<xen:else
                                />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></h1>

<xen:if is="{$pageDescription.content}"><p id="pageDescription" class="muted {$pageDescription.class}">{xen:raw $pageDescription.content}</p></xen:if>
                            </div>

<xen:include template="ad_above_content" />

<!-- main template -->
                    {xen:raw $contents}

<xen:include template="ad_below_content" />

<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id} && !{$hideLoginBar}">
                        <!-- login form, to be moved to the upper drop-down -->
                        <xen:include template="login_bar_form" />

<xen:if is="{$sidebar}"></div>
            </div>

<!-- sidebar -->
            <aside>
                <div class="sidebar">
                    <xen:hook name="page_container_sidebar">
                        <xen:include template="ad_sidebar_top" />
                        <xen:if is="!{$noVisitorPanel}"><xen:include template="sidebar_visitor_panel" /></xen:if>
                        {xen:raw $sidebar}
                        <xen:include template="ad_sidebar_bottom" />
                </div>
            </aside>

<xen:hook name="page_container_breadcrumb_bottom">
                <div class="breadBoxBottom"><xen:include template="breadcrumb" /></div>

<xen:include template="ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb" />

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<header>
        <xen:include template="header" />
        <xen:edithint template="navigation" />
        <xen:edithint template="search_bar" />
    </header>

</div>

<footer>
        <xen:include template="footer" />
    </footer>

<xen:include template="page_container_js_body" />

<xen:if is="{$isIndexPage} AND {$canSearch}">
        <script type="application/ld+json">
{
    "@context": "http://schema.org",
    "@type": "WebSite",
    "url": "{xen:jsescape {xen:link canonical:index}}",
    "potentialAction": {
        "@type": "SearchAction",
        "target": "{xen:jsescape {xen:link canonical:search/search}}{xen:if $xenOptions.useFriendlyUrls, '?', '&'}keywords={search_keywords}",
        "query-input": "required name=search_keywords"
    }
}
</script>

</body>
</html>

Okay, I'm lost. The Template Modification was supposed to look for:
Code:
but it clearly exists in your template. I can only suggest re-installing the add-on for now. There might be some issue during the add-on rebuilding process.

Okay, I'm lost. The Template Modification was supposed to look for:
Code:
but it clearly exists in your template. I can only suggest re-installing the add-on for now. There might be some issue during the add-on rebuilding process.

I'm having a developer fix that PAGE_CONTAINER template so I can modify it as I wich, it has to be fixed anyway, I'll try installing the add-on again once that's done.

Thanx a lot for your help mate !

[BUG] Conflict with VaultWiki (and most likely other add-ons as well).

The Vault-Wiki add-on CP/admin interface was bugged, and after pulling my hair out trying to figure out why, I had their support look at it, and here is what they found:

This is a bug in EndlessHorizon SocialShare. The add-on uses "return false;" from event listeners, specifically the ones defined in Listener2.php. Returning false from an event listener aborts the event completely, so other add-ons cannot use it. To exit from an event listener without aborting, "return;" should be used. Once this issue is fixed in that other add-on, VaultWiki will function normally.

I can confirm that after disabling the EndlessHorizon SocialShare add-on, normal functionality returned to VaulWiki's CP/Admin pages.

@WebFusion2 Thanks for the heads up! I think you've done it already, but I suggest to manually apply the fix for the time being.
It's been a while since the last time I touched the codes since I didn't have anything urgent to change previously, so I can't really remember where that instance was particularly used. But I'll make sure to apply it in the next update. So yeah, thanks again for bringing it into my attention!

@WebFusion2 Thanks for the heads up! I think you've done it already, but I suggest to manually apply the fix for the time being.
It's been a while since the last time I touched the codes since I didn't have anything urgent to change previously, so I can't really remember where that instance was particularly used. But I'll make sure to apply it in the next update. So yeah, thanks again for bringing it into my attention!

Not a problem - by far the best social media plugin there is. (y)

Top Bottom