[Endless Horizon] Social Share

[Endless Horizon] Social Share 2.2.3

No permission to download
Ooops. Far too much is being logged to ACP server log ....

Server Error Logs
Server Error Logs
  1. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_3789759724A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  2. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_1457774079A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  3. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_1006709370A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  4. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_3719221593A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  5. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_3266929542A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  6. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_3001701033A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  7. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_4019244198A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  8. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_2816651254A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  9. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_1150783218A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  10. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_3712861405A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  11. Share counters were stored on cache - Cache ID: ehss_613185132A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  12. Share counters were stored on cache - Cache ID: ehss_1569611002A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  13. Share counters were stored on cache - Cache ID: ehss_980014227A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  14. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_2692282427A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  15. Share counters were stored on cache - Cache ID: ehss_116839641A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  16. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_1398990908A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  17. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_2692282427A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  18. Share counters were stored on cache - Cache ID: ehss_4081236709A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  19. Share counters were stored on cache - Cache ID: ehss_4048610061A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
  20. Share counters were loaded from cache and the data was valid - Cache ID: ehss_1790493108A moment ago - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78

Have had to disable the add-on for now.

I love the idea, but run into a couple of issues:

ACP is swamped with errors
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: WARNING: Did not save share counters because none were successfully fetched - Cache ID: ehss_179272433 - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:78
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php(120): EndlessHorizon_SocialShare_Listener::cacheHitDebug('WARNING: Did no...')
#1 [internal function]: EndlessHorizon_SocialShare_Listener::getShareCounts('', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#2 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(330): call_user_func(Array, '', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#3 /home/axel/public_html/forum/internal_data/templates/S.21,L.2,PAGE_CONTAINER.php(761): XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateCallback('EndlessHorizon_...', 'getShareCounts', '', Array)
#4 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(260): include('/home/axel/publ...')
#5 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('/home/axel/publ...', Array)
#6 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#7 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(139): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#8 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(637): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#9 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#10 /home/axel/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(67) "http://mainecoon.nl/forum/threads/wij-waren-ook-in-purmerend.40997/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

The Pinterest and Reddit button don't look as shown in your screenshot:
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 11.55.02.webp

The previously (before this addon) share counters are not taken into account it seems? Perhaps this is something that can be fixed?

ACP is swamped with errors
You have to disable "Enable Cache Hit Debug" option from the add-on's options on Admin CP to stop the add-on from filling your Server Error Logs. I forgot to have that option disabled by default (working on it now). On a side note, I made that option so that you can tell whether the cache is being used correctly or not.
The Pinterest and Reddit button don't look as shown in your screenshot:
I suppose Pinterest's JS is being loaded on your site, and it happens to hit on that button because of similar class name or something. I'll take a look at it ASAP, for now I suggest to disable that particular site. And for Reddit, the only reason that I can think about is due to outdated FontAwesome. I guess Reddit icon was added recently, so the only solution is to update your FontAwesome.
The previously (before this addon) share counters are not taken into account it seems?
It should. The share counters are being fetched directly from the social sites through their public web intent. So, unless you recently changed your domain, or your previous add-on used different URL of your board to fetch the counter, the share counters should remain. If your previous add-on used different URL of your board to fetch the counter, then it's possible to add an option to tweak that a little bit, but first I will have to know the method of your previous add-on.

BobbyWibowo updated [Endless Horizon] Social Share with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.2.2

• "Enable Cache Hit Debug" option will now be disabled by default.
  • All sites will now have its share counts disabled by default.
  • Added a new option called "cURL Timeout (ms)" which allows you to set the timeout of every cURL attempt. Default value is 500 ms. If your server can't fetch the share counts from social sites within that time, you may increase this value.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The previously (before this addon) share counters are not taken into account it seems?
If it's still not working, try to increase cURL Timeout from the add-on's options on Admin CP (requires v1.2.2 of this add-on). It's possible that your server couldn't fetch the share counts in 500 ms or less from the social sites (default timeout value of the add-on).

Thanks added to my site. I did notice one small bug while testing this, if trying to share a page via Whatsapp, it only adds the page title and url/link is missing completely.

Yeah, apparently I forgot to add {url} on WhatsApp's popup URL. I don't have the time to upload an update for now, but if you're too bothered by it, you can edit the template by yourself. At least until I upload an update (which CAN be more than 24 hours later).
Look for a template called "eh_socialshare_js", and then look for this code
Code:
    { name: "WhatsApp",
        iconClass:        "fa fa-whatsapp",
        bgColor:        "#4dc247",
        popupURL:        "whatsapp://send?text={text}",
        popupName:        "_blank",
        popupSpecs:        ""
    },
Change the popupURL into whatsapp://send?text={text}%20{url} - %20 is a percent-encoded space character as a separator from the page title to the page URL.
I actually noticed this mistake on LINE before, but since I didn't have WhatsApp, I forgot to test it out on WhatsApp.

Reactions: TMC
@kontrabass Did you disable all share counts? It seems like I forgot to make sure that the JS will still run even when all share counts are disabled.

EDIT: Yes. Mistake on my part. I'll push an update in 30 mins or less.

Top Bottom