[Endless Horizon] Advanced Open Graph [Deleted]

That's strange. Can you PM me an example thread instead? I'll give it a try tonight anyway (it's still 6am here).

Figured out the cause. In the "RegEx patterns" option, you'll have to change the first pattern into this:
Code:
/\[(IMG|ATTACH)\]/i
That should turn the pattern into case-insensitive, but if that doesn't work as expected, try:
Code:
/\[(IMG|ATTACH|img)\]/

Figured out the cause. In the "RegEx patterns" option, you'll have to change the first pattern into this:
Code:
/\[(IMG|ATTACH)\]/i
That should turn the pattern into case-insensitive, but if that doesn't work as expected, try:
Code:
/\[(IMG|ATTACH|img)\]/

Still are not working. Are not remove [ img] tags from facebook share. Please let me know that what i can do?

You just had to re-scrape the particular thread with this tool since Facebook caches the result (what it fetched for the first time will be used in the future even after you edited the thread - I think there's a documentation on how long they cache the content somewhere, but I can't remember).
Here's the result of the URL you had issue with after I re-scrape it:
1485806553715screencapture.webp

edit: sorry for the delay btw, had some issue irl

You just had to re-scrape the particular thread with this tool since Facebook caches the result (what it fetched for the first time will be used in the future even after you edited the thread - I think there's a documentation on how long they cache the content somewhere, but I can't remember).
Here's the result of the URL you had issue with after I re-scrape it:
View attachment 147208

edit: sorry for the delay btw, had some issue irl

I thing that caches issue. Is this Ok that I am using this code?

Code:
/\[(IMG|ATTACH|img)\]/

Hello, has anybody tried this with Pinterest?
Thanks
I'm not sure how Pinterest works, to be honest. My other add-on (Social Share) will try to explicitly choose the first found Open Graph image tag within your site when someone tries to 'share' your site to Pinterest (shouldn't it be called 'pinning' instead?), so in my opinion, it works pretty decent alongside this add-on. If you use Pinterest's own Pin button though, I'm not sure. I thought it'd automatically attach a Pin button on every image already, so I don't know.. (I have a very limited and outdated knowledge of Pinterest)

As far as I know it uses standard OG tags, well at least it did a few years ago, hence my question :)
I think I'll just give it a try, thanks for the reply.

Ah, I think back then I developed the explicit method for Social Share before I developed this add-on. Back then, I might have done it because I disliked the fact that it'd use the 200px default logo. It looked alright with Facebook but Pinterest looked better with HQ image. After I developed this add-on, I hadn't paid any attention to Pinterest till now. But yeah, I've just checked their Dev page and they seem to have a validator as well (they said they supported OG). I can't try my site at the moment since it's in maintenance mode though.

I tried to validate my site with Pinterest's validator but Pinterest kept saying "Something went wrong on our end". Oh welp..

Anyway, for the next version, I plan on adding a simple feature to add an explicit OG image URL for each individual thread (I think someone requested for this before). It's very simple though, it will only ask you to provide URL (regardless of whether the URL leads to an image that is within the thread or not). I'll also add a feature to additionally add thread's poster username to article:author and thread's posted date to article:published_date tags. Seems like they'll be useful for Pinterest (or maybe anywhere else).
edit: the next version will take a couple more days, maybe even more than 1 or 2 weeks

Yeah sometimes their tool sucks, anyway it takes at least a few days, sometimes even weeks for a site to be validated for "rich pins".
Taken from their developers pages, here's what is required for rich pins to properly show:
Code:
<head>
   <meta property="og:type" content="article" />
   <meta property="og:title" content="Article title" />
   <meta property="og:description" content="Article description" />
   <meta property="og:url" content="Article url" />
   <meta property="og:site_name" content="Site name/url" />
   <meta property="article:published_time" content="YYYY-MM-DDToo:HH:MM+00:00" />
   <meta property="article:author" content="Article author" />
</head>
Looks like a pretty standard OG setting.

Now since I cannot go to your site to purchase, how should I proceed?

Looks like a pretty standard OG setting.
Yeah, XenForo just lacks article:published_date and article:author by default, so I'll have to probably have to add that later.
Now since I cannot go to your site to purchase, how should I proceed?
You can send me a conversation message, I'll then deliver the instructions from there (I wrote it in the Overview page though).

BobbyWibowo updated [Endless Horizon] Advanced Open Graph with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.7.1

Notice: Customers will receive an email containing the installations file a few minutes after this change log was posted in XenForo's Resources section.
Click "... Read More" to see some preview images.

Change logs:
  • Various code improvements.
  • Added a new option to allow certain usergroups to explicitly specify an URL as the primary Open Graph image.
  • Added a new option to add extra article tags for threads (article:author and author:published_time) to support Pinterest better. You...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This newest update is awesome regarding explicitly specifying a URL for the OG image. The cherry on top of the cake, would be to allow us to enter an access token for our facebook dev accounts so that you can automatically rescrape this image when it gets changed by an edit:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12100574/is-there-an-api-to-force-facebook-to-scrape-a-page-again

Many times a thread is created, and a big update is made later with an image added, but that new image is on some page further back and won't show up on FB.

Top Bottom