[Endless Horizon] Advanced Open Graph [Deleted]

Instead of that, I have actually re-coded the entire fetching mechanism. Now the add-on will no longer try to fetch the attachments from link (which would require you to allow guests to see attachments) but instead try to fetch them directly from your internal data path. Thus also obsoleting the requirement to have cURL extension enabled. However, this version isn't done yet. The new mechanism is already working properly, but I have one extra feature yet to code.

Yeah, I know, lol. That was just another pros from doing this change. This will also improve performance in generating Combine 4 local images feature because there'll be no more overhead from DNS resolving and/or downloading files, which was to be honest unnecessary since the files were supposed to be local.

BobbyWibowo updated [Endless Horizon] Advanced Open Graph with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.5.2

• Renamed "Combine 4 local images" feature to "Combine 4 attachments". This option will now only try to combine attachments. ID of this option had also changed, so if you had this enabled in the previous version, you will have to re-enable it.
    View attachment 135432
  • Completely rewrote mechanism to fetch attachments (previously local images). Now the add-on will no longer require cURL extension enabled and usergroup permission for guests/unregistered to see...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It's not supposed to work with XF's image proxy feature. In fact, it shouldn't capture any images that went through that system. Take this thread for example. The add-on would only capture images that were uploaded as attachments there, so images that went through the proxy feature shouldn't cause any issue.
Although for some reason I can't see any images that were captured here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/?q=https://www.endlesshorizon.net/threads/testing-image-proxy.215/
I kept getting:
Code:
external-sit4-1.facebook.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
^ same error with the link you posted, just different domain.

UPDATE: Strangely I can't access them even with VPN. Is it down for everyone..?

i just purchased this addon, and so far everything looks great!

i have one request though, can we add the option to remove thread prefixes from the title? i'm using the multi prefix addon, so most of my twitter cards and facebook posts look like this:

prefixremove.webp
prefixremove2.webp

I don't have the multi prefix add-on, but assuming it doesn't heavily modify thread_view template, you can look for the line in red text below in your thread_view template:
Rich (BB code):
<xen:container var="$head.openGraph">
    <xen:include template="open_graph_meta">
        <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>
        <xen:set var="$title">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}{$thread.title}</xen:set>
        <xen:set var="$description">{xen:helper snippet, $firstPost.message, 155}</xen:set>
        <xen:set var="$avatar">{xen:helper avatar, $thread, m, 0, 1}</xen:set>
    </xen:include></xen:container>
and replace it with:
Code:
<xen:set var="$title">{$thread.title}</xen:set>
That should prevent prefixes from being added to the Open Graph tags.

Oh right, thank you for your purchase btw! ;)

your solution above seems to work for facebook, but not for the twitter cards. i'm still getting the prefixes in the titles of the twitter cards.
That shouldn't be the case. Extra tags for Twitter are being added by EHAOG_open_graph_meta template and it uses the same variable as open_graph_meta (XenForo's default) for the title, which is $title. Have you tried hard-refreshing the cache for Twitter with Twitter Card Validator? If you have, but it still doesn't work, please link me to one example thread so that I can inspect better.

The prefix for Twitter wasn't caused by my add-on. There seems to be some extra Twitter tags added by another add-on. Tapatalk?
screenshot-squattheplanet.com 2016-07-22 06-57-23.webp
If you can figure out the template added by Tapatalk add-on for those extra Twitter tags, you can just comment out all twitter tags except the ones about the mobile app from it (thus you won't have to break Tapatalk integration).
Unfortunately I don't use Tapatalk add-on and I'm currently full with some other tasks, so I can't really check which template is that.

I think I've finished full support for Proxy Images. This should also be fully compatible with Lazy Load [img] add-on.

Preview of the new options in Admin CP, Parsing method and Prevent duplicate:
advog_new_options.webp
* Ignore the note in "Add images from [ATTACH] and/or [IMG] BBCode tags" option about Proxy Image support only available in "PHP built-in DOM extension" and "phpQuery library" options. I've made the support available in "PCRE/RegEx" option a few minutes ago.

Example in Facebook Object Debugger: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/?q=https://www.endlesshorizon.net/threads/testing-image-proxy.215/[/URL]

I'll upload the new version in 24 hours or more. I'm letting it run on my site to test stability for now.

Last edited:
The prefix for Twitter wasn't caused by my add-on. There seems to be some extra Twitter tags added by another add-on. Tapatalk?
View attachment 137968
If you can figure out the template added by Tapatalk add-on for those extra Twitter tags, you can just comment out all twitter tags except the ones about the mobile app from it (thus you won't have to break Tapatalk integration).
Unfortunately I don't use Tapatalk add-on and I'm currently full with some other tasks, so I can't really check which template is that.

i filed a support ticket with tapatalk to see where that template is, but it's been a week with no reply. to be honest i'm not a big fan of tapatalk, but some of my users really need it to access the site. i'm really hoping the xf app that's being developed comes soon so i can dump tapatalk altogether.

in the meantime though i'll post here if/when they respond and see if i can edit that template to exclude the prefixes.

@electrogypsy I installed Tapatalk add-on on my local installation for a bit. Found the bit where they added those particular tags. Apparently it's hard-coded. You'll need to edit mobiquo/smartbanner/head.inc.php, then find these lines:
PHP:
    /* display twitter card */
        $app_head_include .= '
        <!-- twitter app card start-->
        <!-- https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/types/app-card -->
        <meta name="twitter:card" content="summary" />
        <meta name="twitter:site" content="@' . tt_html_escape($twc_site,true) . '" />
        <meta name="twitter:title" content="'.tt_html_escape($twc_title,true).'" />
        <meta name="twitter:description" content="'.tt_html_escape($twc_description,true).'" />
        ';

if (isset($twc_image))
        {
            $app_head_include .= '<meta name="twitter:image" content="'.tt_html_escape($twc_image,true).'" />';
        }
then simply remove them completely (or comment them out with /* ... */).

Last edited:
Top Bottom