Emulating Email discussion list functionality

Main Company

I realize that it's pretty standard for a discussion forum to send out email activity notifications to users who are following threads. However, I wonder if there is any capability, either natively or via addons, to allow a register user to engage with the forum via email. This would mean receiving thread posts via email as well as being able to respond to thread posts with a reply via email?

XenForo uses "responsive design," which means that the CSS adapts for small screen sizes. It looks great on a cell phone and I find myself checking my forum whenever I have a free moment.

You can simulate what you mobile users will see by resizing your browser window to be quite small. Note how the page reorients itself. It's pretty cool.

I just stumbled upon an old one of @Jeremy 's posts that will allow me to achieve most of the functionality that I desire. From what I understand, this will allow Watched Threads to continue to produce alerts and email notifications, even if the watched thread remains unread by the watching member. Thanks @Jeremy.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/disable-notifications-block.55887/page-2#post-597611

in library/XenForo/Model/ForumWatch.php find and comment out the following lines:
PHP:
  if (isset(self::$_preventDoubleNotify[$thread['thread_id']][$user['user_id']]))
  {
  continue;
  }
  self::$_preventDoubleNotify[$thread['thread_id']][$user['user_id']] = true;
In library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php find and comment out the following lines:
PHP:
  if (isset(self::$_preventDoubleNotify[$thread['thread_id']][$user['user_id']]))
  {
  continue;
  }
  self::$_preventDoubleNotify[$thread['thread_id']][$user['user_id']] = true;
I know others have been looking for similar functionality as I've seen quite a few other similar requests by other members here. Hence, i thought I would share what I found in hopes it helps others.

Top Bottom