Empty result sets?

shawn

Anybody else having a problem with running a search query and getting zero results? If I search a second time for the same exact thing, it'll come back with 900 responses.

I'm guessing there's a timeout variable that needs to be a bit longer than it currently is...?

An update (of sorts) on this:

I've had a few complaints that searches weren't returning posts that a user had made in the last week or so. I dug into the problem on Monday night. Shut down elasticsearch, made sure it was running a more recent binary I'd previously downloaded (not sure if it's the current version, didn't actually go and check), restarted ES, changed the minimum word length to 2 characters (was previously only one), and rebuilt the XF indexes. And... whatever the caused the problems, that fixed all of them.

Granted, it's only been two days, but the error log had thousands of "Is it running?" errors. Literally dozens of them per day. If I had to guess what fixed it, I'd say the updated ES binaries, but I suppose increasing the character limit might have helped, too. I plan on letting it run for a few weeks, then changing the character limit back to 1 and rebuilding the indices. If the problem comes back, I'll update.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning that I *have not* yet updated the XF files, so any changes in behavior are unrelated to bug fixes Mike may have implemented elsewhere.

Top Bottom