1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empty search results after moving site to VPS

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by jacko, May 29, 2014.

1. jacko

jacko Active Member

I moved my site dzwiek.org from shared hosting to VPS and it has been great apart from search engine glitch:
    The first time I search for something, there are 0 results.
    Then, I search for the same string again and the results come up with no problems.

I suspect there might be some timeout variable to set in either php.ini or my.cnf

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Rebuild the search index for the first thing to try.
    Are you using xCache, ZEND Opcache, etc?

3. jacko

jacko Active Member

Rebuilding search index doesn't help. I have the basic file cache switched on in config.php xenforo file.

4. jacko

jacko Active Member

The problem happens occasionally, not always. Sometimes search returns zero results but not always.

5. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Standard MySQL search or Enhanced Search?

6. jacko

jacko Active Member

Standard MySQL.

7. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Interesting, any errors in the XenForo error log, or anything being thrown out in the MySQL logs?

8. jacko

jacko Active Member

This is incredibly silly but I suspect this was caused by "search this forum only" being ticked by default. Basically users (and I) were trying to perform a search inside a forum where there was nothing to return from search query. Repeating the search straight away performed it over whole site returning search results...

Slavik, Tracy Perry and Adam Howard like this.