1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Empty Quotes allow for submission of posts

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by BamaStangGuy, Mar 18, 2013.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

I have run into this where if you place empty quote tags within the post you can submit as basically empty post.

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 10.13.03 PM.png

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Yea. It sends out alerts too.
    That's how I silently alert someone.

3. Digital Doctor

4. Digital Doctor

5. Digital Doctor

quoting blank posts is fun :)

6. BamaStangGuy

There should be a check here.

7. Digital Doctor

It's fun, leave it :)

8. BamaStangGuy

It causes a lot of issues on larger forums. There should be a way to check to make sure that a post is x amount of characters excluding bbcode.

9. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

With nested Bb Codes, this system would be no difficult to elaborate. But it would be easy to check if the XenForo default Bb Codes have a content. If not => don't parse. For the Custom Bb Codes, this should be let to the Bb Code creator. Some might need to create BbCode without content, but just using options (don't ask me why, it's just a eventuality).

10. cclaerhout

To do it: use a listener to extend the XenForo Bb Code Formatter class "XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base", then extend the function "renderValidTag" with this code.
    EDIT: do not use the above code
    You can easily customize the code to target only a few Bb Codes. If you want this rule applies for all Bb Codes, just get rid of the first conditional.

11. cclaerhout

Do not use the code I paste on pastebin above. The renderSubTree must not be used here. I will post a solution later.

12. cclaerhout