XF 2.1 Emoji support not working since upgrading to XF 2.1

I think you may be confusing emojis and smilies there.

XF has always used ;) as the ;) smilie (in XF1 it was just a different image).

As you can see, there's no reason that wouldn't work in XF 2.1 (it works here).

Hmmm, I'm just saying that when I used to type out
Code:
;)
on XF 2.0, it would convert to a smiley (or is it an emoji?).

When I do that now in XF 2.1, nothing happens. This has nothing to do with emoji support then as mentioned in that article I linked to above?

It is nothing to do with emoji support, no. We've had smilies since XF 1.0:

But my main point was we haven't actually changed anything there in XF 2.1 and you can see here when I type ;) it does convert it to the smilie image.

I guess the first port of call is to head over to the Admin CP > Content > Smilies section and make sure your smilie appears there with the ;) text and is enabled etc

Does it appear in the smilie menu in the editor?

It is nothing to do with emoji support, no. We've had smilies since XF 1.0:

View attachment 194269

But my main point was we haven't actually changed anything there in XF 2.1 and you can see here when I type ;) it does convert it to the smilie image.

I guess the first port of call is to head over to the Admin CP > Content > Smilies section and make sure your smilie appears there with the ;) text and is enabled etc

View attachment 194270

Does it appear in the smilie menu in the editor?

View attachment 194271

Okay, I'm just confused then, that's why.

I'm missing the default smilies for some reason, so perhaps that's what's going on. Not sure where they went?

Is there an easy way to restore the default smilies by chance?

the page is displaying as if the .png was a single smilie.
When looking at the smilies in your ACP on your test site versus the Prod site, on the Prod site do you have the 'sprite mode' turned on with the dimensions specified? If you don't have the sprite mode turned on then you'd be seeing the full image like on your sample link.

When looking at the smilies in your ACP on your test site versus the Prod site, on the Prod site do you have the 'sprite mode' turned on with the dimensions specified? If you don't have the sprite mode turned on then you'd be seeing the full image like on your sample link.
Thank you SO MUCH! I was about to move my question to a new thread. I'll check out what you suggest! :)

That's where the trouble was! Sprite Mode was enabled, but the per-sprite configuration data was missing. So I'll go through each one to fix them. Thanks so much for the pointer! :)

In my case, the reason the emojis/smilies weren't showing was because of an add-on... I've disabled the add-on and now everything is showing up like it's supposed to.

Thanks...

Top Bottom