1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embedding An Outside Calendar On A Xenforo Page? Possible?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Deepmartini, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

I am not a programmer so not sure if this could be done, but I'd like to create a page and have it be under a navigation tab called "events". Then on that page, I would like to embed a Trumba calendar. The tab would be accessible to members only.

Is this technically possible? Can I embed widget codes on a Xenforo page?

Here is some background about Trumba calendars here:

http://www.trumba.com/connect/knowledgecenter/webinar_blank.aspx

Xenforo doesn't have a built in calendar so I am looking at a few other options.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Deepmartini

The Xenattendo events are not a full calendar system. It's missing a lot of functionality that I would need but is good as a base start.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I embedded a Google calendar on a page as a test.

It worked fine.

5. wrx1

wrx1 Active Member

Digital Doctor likes this.
  6. Deepmartini

Your calendar looks good. How did you get the page tab to show up in the navigation?

7. wrx1

wrx1 Active Member

8. Max Hodges

Max Hodges Member

9. Max Hodges

Max Hodges Member

10. wrx1

wrx1 Active Member

In the node tree, I created a page. In the edit page, under page options and template html, I just added my google calendar embed code.

So I have this,
    Code:
    <iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/b/0/embed?showTitle=0&amp;showPrint=0&amp;showTabs=0&amp;showCalendars=0&amp;showTz=0&amp;height=700&amp;wkst=1&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;src=mnsubaru.com_6iehg7h2hfi0ir8hkbq1p3fu2c%40group.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%23853104&amp;src=mnsubaru.com_sigfv81bjiml31duit9bvhcmk0%40group.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%23060D5E&amp;src=mnsubaru.com_r0blioqjhpj5n9mkfemm83qjko%40group.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%235C1158&amp;src=en.usa%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%234A716C&amp;ctz=America%2FChicago" style=" border-width:0 " width="1200" height="700" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
    Then I used Floris's extra tabs add-on to create a tab for the calendar page.

Russ

11. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

12. wrx1

wrx1 Active Member

And since Floris and Xenfans have dissappeared, I am in the process of changing over to Jake's solution. I already have it running on my test site, I just need to find the time to shut down the live site and make the changes there.

Russ

13. Floris

Floris Guest

I am right here. Jump to assumptions in your own time please.

M@rc likes this.
  14. Digital Doctor

Hi Floris :)
    Welcome Back.

15. Floris

Floris Guest

Back from where?

16. Digital Doctor

From the withering tree.