MG 2.2 Embed not extrapolating YouTube name and description

Gator

I am still having this issue. What could be the problem?

We have nothing to add at this point. We will look into the bug report as soon as we can and likely for the next release.

As best as I can gather YouTube may be no longer providing the ability to retrieve that particular metadata. In which case it just simply may not be supported any longer but we will investigate.

@Chris D I was able to get it to work on the XenForo website, but not on mine. Does "Suhosin" have anything to do with it? It's the only thing that is not showing as enabled in the Admin panel

This embed works on your site, but not mine.
Code:
https://youtu.be/t16tSafwgpw
2021-02-25_15-06-07.webp

That video doesn't appear to fetch the info here either:
But it does now.

My suspicion is that this issue is on YouTube's side. For me most videos seem to work but it looks random as to which works and when. When it isn't working for you one thing you can do is go to Admin > Tools > Test URL unfurling and test the URL.

The system used for unfurling and the system used for retrieving the video metadata is essentially the same (although we do something slightly different to fetch the thumbnail in XFMG which is why the thumbnails always seem to work). So this tool will hopefully shed some light as to what the issue is.

If you do come across an unfurl test that fails for a YouTube embed then please let us know all the details from the test including the full output of the "Raw response" section if available:

1615284365320.webp

This will hopefully narrow things down.

Top Bottom